We will backpack on Winsor Trail 254 to quaint Spirit Lake for a peaceful night under the stars. Upon arrival, we will set up camp and consider making an excursion to Lake Katherine before diner.
Trip Dates: September 1 (Sunday morning) thru September 2 (Monday hike out).
Trailhead Location: Winsor Trail 254 at the Santa Fe Ski Area
Directions to Trailhead: Getting to the Santa Fe Ski Area From the Albuquerque
• Take Interstate 25 North to Santa Fe.
• Take the St. Francis Drive Santa Fe exit, veering left to St. Francis Drive northbound.
• Take St. Francis Drive to its second intersection with Paseo de Peralta (see map) and turn right onto Paseo de Peralta.
• Follow Paseo de Peralta to Bishop Lodge Road and turn left onto Bishop Lodge Road.
• Then turn right at Artist Road (which becomes Hyde Park Road and follow to the top of the mountain.
Drive Time to Trailhead: About 1.5 hrs. from ABQ
Trip Rating: Strenuous
Trail Length: 5.4 miles to lake from Santa Fe Ski Area
Elevation Gain: 2600 ft to lake from Santa Fe Ski Area
Elevation Range: Between 10,250 ft and 11,050 ft
Expected Temps: Highs 60's, lows in upper 30's to 40's
Link to Spirit Lake Weather Forecast
Contact Eric Krosche with any questions
Please Note: Anyone attending our trips must have a signed Waiver & Release Form on file with us. This covers all trips and activities so you only have to sign it once. If you have not already signed this form, it can be downloaded from our "Pages" section and turned in to the organizer when you arrive for the trip.
If you RSVP “Yes” for this trip please plan on attending. Please read our "RSVP" Policy located in our "About" section.