Silicon Valley Solar Power (SVSP) Message Board › SVSP : NEW START or LET IT GO?

SVSP : NEW START or LET IT GO?

David Alan F.
user 6803399
Group Organizer
Palo Alto, CA
Well, the verdict is in: LET IT GO... Sentencing is Wednesday. We've held 5 meetups for this group, and the average attendance is 2.8, and if we organizers are taken out, that average plummets to 1 if we're generous. Out of a listed 156 members in this group, plus 830 members in the Linked-In Silicon Valley Photovoltaic Society (SVPVS) group, which expressed interest in having a discussion group to augment there very successful speaker series at PARC... well, that's an unimpressive, if not miserable, turnout. Last night's Meetup had 1 attendee... thanks Ellie!

We had high hopes and really looked forward to having a diverse and lively discussion group. Mark and I "rescued" this group from being cancelled last August, and we had lots of positive comments. However, our one sponsor, Silicon Valley Pad, told us yesterday that they would no longer sponsor us due to lack of attendance. So, unless there is a rally of support, a new volunteer Organizer, and a new venue, this Meetup group will cease to exist.

Next week I will continue with my original Group490 Meetup, same time, same place... Any of you are welcome to attend that Meetup, which is sponsored by Designfluence -- resources for product design for the Other 90%. Thanks!
David

David Alan Foster
Founder, Executive Director
Designfluence