Have you just moved to this area and want to meet fellow newbies? Been here a few years and want to learn more about your new hometown? Do you want to explore the area and invite some fun companions to join you?
If you're a newcomer to Sarasota or surrounding areas, meet up with us to discover what's unique to Sarasota, including the local arts scene, dining, live entertainment, intellectual stimulation, community volunteering, plus our top-rated beaches. There's always something fun to do in and around Sarasota! Join other fun and interesting new residents, along with some veteran Sarasota "Ambassadors", make new friends and local contacts as we explore what makes the Sarasota area a special place!
To become a New to Sarasota (NtS) member, please read this:
- Only request membership to this group after you have already moved to Sarasota or surrounding areas. That means that you are NOW a full-time resident (not part-time/temporary, and not still waiting to move here).
- We ask you to post a recognizable face photo of yourself on your Member Profile, and please answer each question on the Member Profile as per instructions
- New to Sarasota will notify you only if your membership has been approved. We like to limit our NtS group to a maximum 400 members. Please understand that not all membership requests are approved.
- Any member can be removed at the discretion of the Group Organizer(s). Annually, NtS memberships are reviewed for participation, and inactive memberships can be closed (this includes multiple No-Shows).
- New to Sarasota does not charge a membership fee. If NtS members would like to "Chip In", we don't need money but please do volunteer to Host or Co-Host group events.
PLEASE NOTE: The New to Sarasota (NtS) online site and its events are administered and coordinated by VOLUNTEER organizers and event hosts. Membership is primarily open to those who have moved here in recent years and are currently full-time residents in Sarasota and surrounding areas, plus other residents who can help enhance event quality and variety. Please understand that not all membership requests will be approved. By joining the New to Sarasota (NtS) group, and/or by participating in NtS events, NtS members and their guests understand and agree: that their participation is voluntary and for adults only; that they assume all risk and are fully responsible for their actions, for their transportation, for prompt payment of their event/meal related charges; that this group is not a singles/dating group, not a religious/political/protest venue, not open to product/business solicitation at NtS events or through our NtS Meetup website; that any member may be removed from this group at the discretion of the NtS Group Organizer(s).
1,002 Fabulous People
493 Adventurous Singles
739 Kayak Dayz members
1,134 Watermen and Waterwomen