add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

NEW YORK CULTURE CLUB Message Board › 50% off Discount tix to "Hoodoo Love"

50% off Discount tix to "Hoodoo Love"

A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Everyone,

I work for Art Meets Commerce, which represents a play "Hoodoo Love" playing at The Cherry Lane Theatre. And the good news is: I can offer the entire group, or anyone who wants to go, 1/2 price tickets to see it!!!

Simply Use the Code: HLBBOX at to buy $25 tix (normally $50)

I saw the show earlier this week for the first time. It is absolutely beautiful and the acting is amazing. Katori Hall, only 27 years old, is a brilliant playwright. I cannot believe she is so young! Anyways, this is a show that you really do not want to miss. It is theatre at its best, and the writing is so engaging.

You should check out the New York Times feature article or for more info. Here is the official description for "Hoodoo Love:

"Hoodoo Love" tells the story of Toulou, a small woman with a big
presence who escapes from the Mississippi Delta cotton fields to pursue
her dream of singing the blues in Memphis. When she meets a rambling
blues man, the notrious Ace of Spades, this dream is realized in a way
she could never have imagined. Written by Katori Hall, 2007 Nominee for
the Wendy Wasserstein Prize and the Susan Smith Blackburn Award and
directed by Lucie Thiberghien, "Hoodoo Love" is a southern tale of love
magic, jealousy and secrets that will leave audiences mesmerized.

If you have any questions, or if you run into any problems buying your discount tix let me know and I can help!

Bye now, smile