addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NEW YORK SALSA GROUP Message Board › NY Times Best Cuban singer Pepito Gomez at Il Campanello’s Thursday 10-8-09

NY Times Best Cuban singer Pepito Gomez at Il Campanello’s Thursday 10-8-09

A former member
Post #: 92
NY Times Best Cuban singer Pepito Gomez at Il Campanello’s Thursday 10-8-09

We're going to have a huge celebration at Il Campanello’s with special surprises, a great salsa concert with Pepito and his band of 11 musicians trained in Havana’s best conservatories!

DJ Medina spinning Latin between sets

Doors 8:30 PM 1st Set 9:30pm

The address is
136 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001

Convenient to the 1,2,3, N, R, W, F, D, B, A, C and E lines to 34th street

It’s a gorgeous bi-level restaurant with a huge wood dance floor. I chose this place because it will be the best for dancing.

For pictures of the venue check out the following link
http://www.ilcampanel...­

Cover at the door $15

They will open the restaurant for us at 8:30.
Feel free to e-mail me at silkbedroom@yahoo.com or call me at (917) 439-4331

"Mr. Gomez, who was a member of the band Pupy y los que Son Son before he left Cuba last year ... is another order of performer."
-Ben Ratliff, The New York Times

"All excellent singers have a special tone: it's something beyond issues of pitch, power and phrasing, some personal grain that makes them strong and strange. The Cuban singer Pepito Gómez's vocal tone is a beneficent alarm, a positive shout"
-Ben Ratliff, The New York Times

"José "Pepito" Gómez... could sing fresh life into the dead."
-Descarga.com

"What a Voice! - his magnificent tenor voice as he soared through the string of classic hits. Every note is perfectly in-tune, perfectly controlled, and capable of exploding into euphoric emotion at any instant. It took me 8 years to finally hear this guy live but now I fully understand what all the buzz was about."
-Kevin Moore, Timba.com

Jose Pepito Gomez is one of the most gifted, brilliant musicians I have ever heard. If you think you've "heard" him via recordings with Pupy, and you have never seen him "live", you are in for a mind-blowing surprise. Get yourself to Joe's Pub this weekend. You will be so happy you did. Besitos to my NY Familia!
-Sue Taylor-Fan from the Bay Area