The TC Night Life Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: SW Suburbs Investments and Lunch Group

New Meetup: SW Suburbs Investments and Lunch Group

Milind B.
milindbhat
Minneapolis, MN
Announcing a new Meetup for The Twin Cities Night Life Meetup Group!

What: SW Suburbs Investments and Lunch Group

When: November 17, 2009 11:30 AM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

I am open about the place to meet for this meetup. Please let me know if you know of a good place for us to meet to eat good food and to discuss investment ideas.

Come join us
** To eat lunch with your friends, and to avoid eating lunch with your coworkers or at your desk
** To try some good food for lunch, and to avoid cafeteria food or leftover food
** To talk about investment ideas that will help us retire rich

Cost: Cost of your lunch/beverage

You may or may not know this. But when I a not working or dancing, I enjoy researching stocks and mutual funds to improve the returns on my 401K/IRA/Savings Investments. Not only I enjoy this, I think I am very good at it. And having worked for Piper Jaffray, Ameriprise, Wells Fargo, and US Bank; I have a lot of knowledge and expertise. So, I help a few people with their investments, and they have done much better with their investments with my help.

So, I would love to get together with my friends over lunch and talk investments. The topics of discussion may include any one or more of the following.
** Investment vehicles like Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, etc.
** Investment ideas like Dollar Cost Averaging, Market Timing, Buy and Hold, etc.
** Share what is going on with our employers, our friend's employers, and other companies to decide if their stock is a good stock to buy/sell
** Share our experiences as a consumer and what that means for us as investors (for example, Company XYZ has a great new product/service and we should buy XYZ stock, or customer service at Company XYZ has gone downhill and we should sell stock of that company).

[Even though I think it is a great idea and I have the skills to do it, I do not have time to start an Investment Club, where we pool money to invest as a group. But I would love it if somebody in the group has the time and the skills to start an Investment Club at a future date.]

We hope to see you there!

Feel free to pass this information onto your friends/family/co-workers. The more the merrier. :-)

Learn more here:
http://nightlife.meet...­