Help support your MeetupChip in
This group will be rewarding for anyone that wants to explore Kansas City and all that it offers. This includes fine and dive dining, Taco Tuesday's, speciality food shops, tours of the city, winery tours, happy hours, history events, lectures, meet and mingles, movies, homes tours, pic nics in the park, and hiking. The city is our playground and we intend to make it ours!
• "Eighty percent of success is showing up." Woody Allen
Now to the serious/semi serious stuff. The list below is designed to set expectations for what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you.
• This is a private group. You are invited to apply, after you have carefully read the information listed below. We are selective about who we accept and who we retain (just as you have the right to be). Earn your way/earn your stay.This is not a group for the entitled class. This is a 50/50 relationship.
• When you attend an event for the first time you can expect your event host to introduce you to 2-3 new people and ask you to repeat your name several times :) If you are on time, and at the venue we don't/won't leave you hanging. We know it can be scary walking into a group of 10 or 20 new people. We are here to help with that. After you've attended a few events, we will ask you to reciprocate and introduce a few newbies that attend for the first time.
• All new members must complete a trial introductory period. This gives new members a chance to try us out and decide if you are a good fit and us a chance to do the same.
• All members are required to have an easily identifiable photo of themselves, and keep their RSVP updated at all times. Please be sure to read the very specific photo policy in detail in your welcome message and on your profile.
As the organizer, most people consider me fun, somewhat funny, outgoing, reliable, enthusiastic about posting/hosting, and someone who takes a no non-sense approach about the attendance policy and the photo policy. At this time I pay the monetary fees, and do not earn any kind of income from this. We simply ask that since it's free for you to respect that and keep expectations at the "free" level. If you do that, I know together, we can all have some very good times, and make some very good friendships.
I look forward to your participation.
Crazy Mike and The Kansas City Social Club Leadership Team