align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Free & Cheap Culture & Night Life Message Board › New Meetup: FREE improv show! Theatre Momentum presents STATUS

New Meetup: FREE improv show! Theatre Momentum presents STATUS

Tony
TonyFunkyDancer
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Announcing a new Meetup for Free & Cheap Culture & Night Life!

What: FREE improv show! Theatre Momentum presents STATUS

When: Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:00 PM

Where: Emerald City Theatre School
2933 N Southport Ave
Chicago, IL 60657

Status
Saturdays, 8 PM, through December 19, 2010
FREE
Emerald City Theatre School
2933 N Southport Ave

Closing night! Last chance to see a great show by a smart, talented ensemble.

Theatre Momentum presents our STATUS.

Status dissects the narcissism and incomplete communication of “updating status” on social networking websites. The show will explore the subtext, lies, and sound-bite nature of this peculiar phenomenon, and all the real-life scenes that are the back-story of every “status update”.

Hailed by Nina Metz as "a worthy alternative to what you'll find at improv mainstays such as i.O. or Annoyance," Theatre Momentum strives for work that is theatre that happens to be improvised. A previous run of Fugue garnered such praise as "it soars", from Kerry Reid, Chicago Reader.

Directed by Regan Davis, STATUS is:
Peter Athans, Erin Monahan, Theresa Ohanian, Jon Sales, Ed Sanchez-Gomez, Harz Sondericker, Scott Whitehair, Paul Whitehouse, and Adam Ziemkiewicz

The Emerald City Theatre School is at 2933 N. Southport Ave, across the street from the Athenaeum Theatre. A paid parking lot located across the street from the school.

Tickets to all Theatre Momentum's shows in 2010 are FREE to the public, but space is very limited. To RSVP, send an email to tickets@theatremomentum.com with the date you'd like to reserve. Enjoy the show!

I'll be running the lights for the show (I know, I know, shameless plug- but it's free theatre, what do you want?). It's a small space- we won't be hard to find! Meet up with me and the cast after the show, for drinks and chatting, at one of the nearby bars.

The show starts at 8, but meet there a little early, to be sure to get a seat.

See you there!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­