Free & Cheap Culture & Night Life Message Board › New Meetup: Fun & Drinks @ BENCHMARK

New Meetup: Fun & Drinks @ BENCHMARK

Pierre
user 3416443
Chicago, IL
Announcing a new Meetup for Free & Cheap Culture & Night Life!

What: Fun & Drinks @ BENCHMARK

When: Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:00 PM

Where: Benchmark
1510 N. Wells St.
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 649-9640

Hello all!

I had recently scoped out Old Town's NEWEST hot spot and all I could say is that it is definitely worth a good time.

Description from Centerstage.net
Blue skies shine through the open, retractable roof at Benchmark­, the newest offering from the Four Corners Tavern Group (the group also runs the Brownstone, Kirkwood, Schoolyard and WestEnd). Benchmark opened just in time for the pleasantly warm August weather, and if you don’t mind the loud music and chatter from the many people that the place can hold, sitting on the rooftop is one of the more pleasant spots in town.
The two-story space has handsome, dark woodwork throughout, and a mix of high tables and banquettes fill the space. Tables on the rooftop are competitive, so try to grab a stool that’s on the rooftop but looks down over the first floor, and you get the best of both floors: You’re outside enjoying the sunshine but also get to people-watch bar-goers downstairs, where there also are a few large flat-screen TVs.

Lots of guys in polo-style shirts and girls rockin’ tank tops sit together and soak up the atmosphere. Meanwhile, dudes in button-up shirts mingle among many well-sculpted women looking as if they just got spray-tanned.

Chicken quesadillas ($9) are decent and satisfying, just like they are at sister bar the Brownstone. Other small-plate items include mini-cheeseburgers, hot soft pretzels, fried calamari, chicken wings, and chips and salsa. Salads, pizza and sandwiches also round out the menu: cheeseburgers, turkey burgers, Cuban sandwiches, fish tacos and chicken sandwiches.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
go to http://www.yourcta.com­/ for more info.

I WILL UPDATE THIS EVENT WITH MORE DETAILS AND INFO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS, DON'T HESITATE TO HIT ME UP.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Pierre­

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­