This Meetup group was created so that food and wine lovers of Northern and Central NJ could unite and hopefully find friends and have a ton of fun! We love to share recipes, favorite restaurants, wines, and dine out or eat at home throughout North Jersey. Most of our events are smaller, around 8-10 people, to allow for more intimate gatherings so people can talk to everyone and get to know one another.
Events are hosted by either the Organizer, Assistant Organizer, or Event Organizer, but any member is encouraged to host an event. Just let your organizer know at an event, and we will be happy to get you started. It's fun, simple, and easy!!! Just ask!
As part of the Food, Fun, & Friendship Group of NJ we have a few rules to help our members enjoy their dining experiences to the fullest:
1. Attendance All events are attended at your own risk. We are not responsible for unfortunate occurrences that may take place in your life. For instance, an accident, theft, injury, illness, relationship breakup or another event stated on the Meetup agreement (shown at http://www.meetup.com...) that was signed when you joined. There's no prescreening of age, marital status, sexual orientation, profession or personal background and no responsibility for those who misrepresent themselves. The events are open to the general public.
2. RSVP's Please show some consideration and thoughtfulness when deciding to attend an event. There are NO maybes. Your yes is yes, not I will check my calender and get back to you. When you RSVP yes, that slot is held for you.
3. RSVP Confirmation Members who RSVP for an event must reconfirm, when requested by the Organizer, by editing their RSVP Comment simply by adding the phrase, "I will attend." You will receive an email from your event Organizer when this is required, including a link to the event and directions on how to reconfirm your RSVP. (It takes a few seconds to do this.. Promise it's easy! ;-) If you do not reconfirm, you will be removed from the event or placed on the wait list, if one is available.
4. Event Participation Members who RSVP yes to an event and do not show up without notifying the organizer well in advance will be removed from the group. . Many of the restaurants are very busy and it is not fair to the other members due to limited seating. Also, home event attendees, where everyone brings their own food, have to consider the amount of food to prepare depending on the # of attendees. Being an Organizer, as does an attendee at home events, takes time and planning.
5. Cost Please know that Meetup is not a free service. My cost to run a group is about $150 per year. Occasionally you may be asked to donate a dollar or two to help with those costs.
Welcome!! Come join us soon for some food and fun!!!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Food, Fun, & Friendship of NJ||August 2, 2010 3:48 PM||anonymous|