Central Jersey Gaming Group Message Board › 4th Edition Monster Manual

4th Edition Monster Manual

Artie
user 15838641
Roselle Park, NJ
Post #: 3
Hi!

I thought I might like to buy a copy of the 4th Edition Monster Manual, and checked it out on eBay. I though it was one book, but it seems that there a number of volumes (books). Am I reading the listings incorrectly? How many volumes are there?

Thanks.

Artie
Leor B.
user 8964949
'Arad, IL
Post #: 263
Hi Artie,

There are three volumes in the 4E Monster Manual series. All three are considered part of the "Core Rules" for the system. Monster Manual I (MM1) has a picture of Orcus on the cover, MM2 has a picture of Demogorgon and MM3 has a picture of Lolth. There is also a series of "Monster Vault" products for the "Essentials" lines, which has a lot of the updates and errata to the earlier monsters (especially MM1). Note that the rules for making monsters are not in any of the Monster Manuals; they can be found in Dungeon Master's Guide and Dungeon Master's Guide II.

Leor Blumenthal
Artie
user 15838641
Roselle Park, NJ
Post #: 4
Thanks for the clarification Leor! Do you play at Jeremy's?
Leor B.
user 8964949
'Arad, IL
Post #: 264
Not exactly. I met Jeremy several years ago at a Living Greyhawk event he was organizing. Central Jersey is a bit out of my range of gaming these days (I live in Queens).

PS: Glad to be of help.