Mar 22, 2014 · 11:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Cheesquake State Park's uniqueness lies in its geographical location, not only is situated in the middle of the urban north and the suburban south, it also lies in a transitional zone between two different ecosystems. Open fields, saltwater and freshwater marshes a white cedar swamp, pine barrens and a northeastern hardwood forest are the main characters of the park.
Andy F. and Cheryl O will be exploring a few geocaches located along the shore of the creek with anyone who wants to learn about geocaching. The Rest of us will explore the wonderful uniqueness the creek has to offer.
SKILL LEVEL :
* Beginners and UP
* Kayaks 12 Feet and UP
* PLEASE, BRING A KAYAK's CART.
* PFD's at ALL TIMES
* Wetsuit as minimum protection
* Extra set of dry clothes in a dry bag.
* Water, snacks and hot beverage
* Extra gear ( Optional ) waders if your going to be climbing
out of kayak in search of caches.
* Distance ; 6 Miles round trip
* Duration ; 3 Hours
* The G.S.K collects NO money, NO dues and assumes NO responsibilities for your OWN safety
* Please don't get into the water before our safety meeting