Welcome new kayakers and those who dont have one yet!
IF YOU HAVE A KAYAK DON'T RSVP>>> JUST COME!
I can use the assistance to help others less experienced.
This will be a chance to get out on the water and learn the basics of kayaking and different kayaks as well.
Andrew has 10 kayaks and gear to supply them and will be bringing them to Lake Lefferts for those who need to learn the very beginnings of kayaking and kayak styles in a nice calm setting. The Following kayaks will be there to use if a member needs to try out a particular style before buying one
1. small child kayak
2. 10' old town creek kayak <for the beginnier creek kayaker>
3. 12' old town creek kayak <1 step up from beginner>
4. 10' pyrana fusiion < a cross over kayak that handles whitewater as well as other conditions>
5. 14' wilderness Tsunami 140 < the most recommended kayak on the market.
the following are sit on top kayaks:
6. 12'6"Hobie outback mirage drive kayak < a peddle kayak designed for fishing and great stability in the water.>
7. 13.5" Hobie Revolution mirage drive kayak< most versatile peddle kayak made by hobie.>
8. 14' Hobie tandem Oasis mirage drive kayak < a 2 person kayak with additional outriggers so you cant tip over>
9. 11'6" Dagger Blackwater sort of a crossover.. with drop down skeg for better tracking.
10. 10' Surfski < not exactly a kayak, more like a surfboard built for paddling>
i will limit this paddle to 10 people who dont have kayaks to give everyone a chance to try out different kayaks
however if you bring your own and need to learn more about kayaking please feel free to drop by, there is plenty of parking.
You can get here by mass transit if you do not have a car. take the north jersey coast line train to matawan station and walk 1/4 mile towards town, at bottom of town center.
Rain date for this event will be the following day sunday the 27th at noon