|Sent on:||Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:57 AM|
NJ Mobile Meetup Members,
I was forwarded an invitation to the Rutgers WINLAB Summer Research Program Open House which is taking place this Friday, August 19th. It looks pretty interesting, check it out if you have the time. Details are below and in the attached flyer. If you are interested in attending, please send an email to Noreen DeCarlo ([address removed]) with the subject line of “WINLAB SUMMER RESEARCH PROGRAM – OPEN HOUSE”.
You are cordially invited to the WINLAB Summer Research Program OPEN HOUSE. The event will take place on Friday, August 19th from 10:30am - 12:30pm at WINLAB, 671 Route 1, North Brunswick, NJ 08902 located in the Technology Center of New Jersey (For a campus map and customized directions, please visit http://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/docs/directions.html).
The WINLAB Summer Research Program founded by Ivan Seskar is now in its 9th year of existence, with over 30 students participating in 2011. The program engages talented undergraduate and graduate students as well as high school students over a 12 week period from the Rutgers area as well as other universities nationally. The main goal of the program is to provide students with a real-world, team-based research experience in various topics related to wireless technologies. Each student intern joins an active research group consisting of a mix of graduate and undergraduate students with at least one faculty member who serves as mentor.
Over the past several weeks, 18 undergraduate students, 12 graduate students and 3 high school students have been engaged in an intensive summer program working on a variety of exciting topics listed below:
1. ParkNet: Participatory Sensing for finding Parking Spaces
2. RF Monitoring: Spectrum Sensing with Cognitive Radio
3. Bandwidth Exchange: Incentives for Cooperative Wireless
4. Glider PMI: A power management system for the Slocum underwater glider
5. MobilityFirst: Next generation Internet architecture
6. Android: Platform virtualization and integration with 3D conferencing
7. Brain Computer Interface: EEG based human-machine interface
8. Kinect: 3D conferencing application and integration with a gesture processing system.
9. NC-OFDM: Practical implementation of non-contiguous OFDM modulation
10. Visual MIMO: Camera based Optical Wireless system for V2V communications
11. CRKit: Bus Functional Model (BFM) simulation of GENI cognitive radio platform
For more details on the projects please see http://summer.winlab.rutgers.edu/projects.
You are invited to share in their work and see interesting demos by attending the OPEN HOUSE on August 19th at 10:30am. Attached is a printable invitation for your reference and distribution. Please pass this invitation along and we hope to see you on the 19th!
an NTT DATA Company
Informed Experience Design • Innovative Solutions • Strategic Staffing
The information contained in this message is sent in the strictest confidence for the addressee only. It is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged/confidential/proprietary information. If you have received this email in error you are requested to preserve its confidentiality and advise the sender.
This email message originally included an attachment.