NoCo Writers Group Message Board › Six month hiatus

Six month hiatus

A former member
Dear NoCo Writer members,

I hope you are doing well and, despite the heat, having a great summer. I’m writing to let you know I will be taking a six month leave from organizing meetings for the group. As some of you may know I recently became a daddy and with that commitment and some other time constraints I am struggling to find time to organize meetings. Lisa also welcomed a new bundle of joy into her life so she’s been unable to run meetings as well. In the meantime, Brittany has graciously taken over running the Loveland group. If you get a chance post a thank you to her; she’s doing a great job.

I know many of you miss having meetings in the Fort Collins area. As such, I’d like to invite anyone who’d be interested in organizing a Fort Collins meeting to e-mail me, benward@coartssociety.org­, or just respond to this e-mail. Our main need is organizers who can run either a critique meeting or a Saturday Six Challenge. I have guidelines and other documentation that make both of these a cinch to run. However, if you have another type of writing related meeting in mind I’d love to help you get it going.

If you need information or help with the Loveland meetings please e-mail Brittany thru Meetup. If you need assistance with something other than the Loveland meetings please still contact me.

Thank you all for being a part of NoCo Writers and please consider volunteering to run a Fort Collins group.

Sincerely,

Ben Ward