|Sent on:||Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:01 PM|
CommunicateHealth, Inc. is looking for a highly experienced web developer to join our innovative team.
The senior web developer would take the lead on many projects as our primary technical staff member. She or he would be responsible for:
− Consulting and providing guidance on outside development projects for clients from federal and state government as well as private national companies and non-profits
− Working closely with our team of designers on in-house deliverables
− Communicating recommendations and requirements clearly, both with non-technical clients and with technical partners
− More as the position grows!
We are a health communication firm specializing in health literacy and user-centered design. We offer highly competitive salaries.
• BA in computer science or related field
• Minimum 5 years professional experience
• Intimate knowledge of ASP and at least one other server-side technology (Ruby/RoR, PHP, Python/Django, etc.). You should be familiar with Microsoft web environments
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (for PSD -> HTML conversion)
• Strong knowledge of at least one major CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
• Some experience developing for mobile
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as the only developer on a non-technical team
• Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices
• Experience working with government clients
• Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills
• Experience working with writers, editors, and web designers
• Familiarity with entire web site development lifecycle and documentation
• Experience with user-centered design process
• Familiarity with public health, health education, and health communication fields
Please send cover letter, resume and 5 code samples (3 back-end, 2 front-end) with short description of each sample to [address removed].
This is a salaried (80% time) position based in our office in Northampton, Massachusetts, with the possibility of growth to 100% time. Will consider starting at 100% time for the right fit.