A social group for the discussion and sharing of ideas and sentiments on books, films, art, science, politics, religion, race, love and sexuality, healing, food, world travel, languages and any other topics of interest which may connect us with some passion for living. We don't shy away from difficult conversations. In our discussions, we are kind towards all -- including those not present.
• "In larger things we are convivial; what causes trouble is the trivial" ~Richard Armour
• "If time, so fleeting, must like humans die, let it be filled with good food and good talk, and then embalmed in the perfumes of conviviality." ~MFK Fisher
• "Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, or were tender with you, or stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you and disputed passage with you?" ~Walt Whitman
• "After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality and so on -- have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear -- what remains? Nature remains." ~Walt Whitman
• "Healing is impossible in loneliness, it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creatures to the feast of Creation." ~Wendell Berry
• "What are the odds so long as the fire of the soul is kindled at the taper of conviviality and the wing of friendship never molts a feather?" ~Charles Dickens