addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Gamers Association of Louisiana (GALs) Message Board › Strategy games

Strategy games

A former member
Post #: 2
Does any one play strategy games? What games big these days. I used to play Rise of Nations.
A former member
Post #: 1
Does any one play strategy games? What games big these days. I used to play Rise of Nations.

Elliott,

I'm partial to RTSes. My gaming PC has been out of commission for awhile and I refuse to play an RTS on a console, but my recent favorites were the Dawn of War games. You can probably get the original set of them on the cheap since they've been out for a while. C&C generals continues to be a good choice, imo. But for a Rise of Nations fan (which is a little micromanagey, and heavy on the nation building for my tastes) I might recommend Supreme Commander.
BloodyMice
user 12527295
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 1
I love rise of nations...I love rts' alot...c&c, supreme commander and of course Star Craft. I've been playing Warhammer: Battlemarch lately on the 360. I like it but the control scheme is very convoluted which almost makes the learning curve too steep to bother with unless you're a warhammer fan. All in all I'd probably have to say my favorite is Star Craft. My biggest problem with these games is getting addicted to them and spending hours and hours and hours creating maps to play....which is also one of my favorite aspects so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Anyway...what about turn based strategy games? I loved daisenryaku....also, field commander on the psp is excellent. Also the original Xcom on ps1 and Galactic Civ II on the PC are excellent. Again...I end up spending too much time with them, tho.
A former member
Post #: 3
I couldn't get into rise of nations... I think it was just past my micromanagement threshold.

I refuse to play RTSes on a console.

I'm also not a big fan of turn-based strategies though I'll agree that XCOM was AWWWWWWWESOME.

My current rotation is:

Company of Heroes
Dawn of War + the first two expansions
Dawn of War II (which is more of an action RPG imo)
C&C Generals
C&C Red Alert
C&C Tiberium Wars
A former member
Post #: 4
Oh, and I have Supreme Commander but never got too deep into it.