ENJOY! YOURSELF AT EVENTS! LAUGH 'TIL YOUR CHEEKS/BELLY HURT! ..... AND PLEASE HAVE LOADS OF FUN! smile
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE GROUP THAT MEMBERS BE MINDFUL OF THE GUIDELINES LISTED BELOW:
FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN:
# 1 : A WARNING
#2 SUSPENDED MEMBERSHIP
#3 PERMANENT LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP
* Please BE NICE , KIND ,POSITIVE, AND FRIENDLY to ALL!
* RESPECT EACH OTHER'S Space, Privacy and Beliefs at all times
(** WE SUSPENDED PAYMENT OF DUE AS OF May 2016)
* MEMBERSHIP: Paying membership dues to the group entitles you to 1 year of membership to " A New Chapter 40+" from the date dues are paid. When time to renew, you will then receive auto messages from meetup.com. * There are NO refunds for membership dues.
*ASSISTANT ORGANIZERS/ EVENT HOSTS: If you have been designated as either, we value your input and EXEMPT you from any payment of dues! However, please remain an active member and contributor of events! From time to time the Organizer will request a meeting of the Leadership Team. Please do your best to attend. They will be informational, but also fun! ANY ISSUES OR QUESTIONS you may have, please contact the Organizer directly : - )
* 'NORTH OF 40 SOCIALS' , "FUNSEEKERS", "A NEW CHAPTER 40+," and " A TOURIST IN MY OWN BACKYARD 40+" are NOT dating sites. There are several other sites specifically for the sole purpose of contacting someone to possibly date. It's purpose is for members to meet, socialize & network. It's NOT OKAY to contact members for the sole purpose of trying to meet them without attending any of our events. This can be very uncomfortable for our members! If you meet? at an event, hit it off? want to keep in contact? date? you do so at your own risk.
* "Our Suggestion Box" was created for just that - a box for any of your suggestions! If you have an idea for an event you'd like to share with the group? Comments or suggestions? PLEASE forward it to "Our Suggestion Box." We thank you!
* Anything of a personal matter should be
directed to the Organizer of the group. MAKES SURE TO CONTACT THE ORGANIZER IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS.
Please keep in mind that : POSTING NEGATIVE COMMENTS DIRECTLY TO OUR SITE IMPACTS THE ENTIRE GROUP.
*At times events are posted that both the Organizer, Assistant Organizers, and Event Hosts feel may be of interest to
our members. They are highlighted on the group's calendar as : NOTES (usually highlighted in yellow) Posting these events does not mean that they are an 'official meet up.' They are for your/our interest and entertainment purposes only. ORGANIZERS MAY OR MAY NOT BE PRESENT AT THESE EVENTS.
* At times there will be POP UP EVENTS. They are unplanned and spontaneously generated! So, not to miss out, please make sure to keep communication open from our group.
* PHOTOS,PROFILES, FILES & anything you post must NOT contain vulgar, sexual, or threatening content. This is grounds for immediate removal from our group without warning. It is a serious violation with zero tolerance. If so does occur, the Organizer will ban you from the group and swiftly forward subject to meetup.com. You will not to be able to re-apply for membership at anytime. It is also very possible that meetup.com will close your account.
* GROUP PHOTOS/VIDEOS: During our events, photos and videos ( groups, scenic, etc. ) may be taken by any of our members. The intent is ONLY to share what has been a great time among friends, or for scenic purposes. If you do not wish for your photo to be shared? It's very simple - speak up! If this does happen, please contact the Organizer for removal. Again, this site is always monitored. If any photos uploaded to this site are of questionable content, they will be removed immediately.
* "NORTH OF 40 SOCIALS", " A NEW CHAPTER 40+", "FUNSEEKERS, " & " A TOURIST IN MY OWN BACKYARD 40+" are NOT to be used for the sole purpose of advertisement. It's NOT OK to use this site to promote or solicit services or sales of any kind. * All of this is not to be confused with, "sharing." * If you/your business are interested in promoting your business/services, etc. and are interested in SPONSORING our groups? Please contact the Organizer directly for info. It is VERY uncomfortable for members to receive solicitation, promotions, or spam when their purpose of joining our group(s) is of a social nature. SPAM will NEVER be tolerated and cause for immediate removal from the group(s) and forwarded directly to meetup.com
*ORGANIZERS/ ASSISTANT ORGANIZERS/EVENT HOSTS FROM /POST ON OTHER GROUPS: This one's for you - It's perfectly fine to be an Organizer, Assistant Organizer, Event Host of another group and be a member of ours! But, when attending our meet ups it is unacceptable to promote your own group as to recruit members. Have you peeked at our calendar and interested in SHARING an event? Please contact the Organizer or Event Host. It would be greatly appreciated vs. copying our events over to your own calendars PLEASE be mindful of this and we will do the same! : - )
* FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Please be financially responsible for any & all of your personal expenses. When dining out or just having drinks, meal tax is added to your bill. Be expected to remit at least 18% for the tip unless the gratuity is already included. Some restaurants or bars will do separate checks, and others will not. If we dine in a group of 8 or more, most auto-add up to 20% gratuity to the bill. Please be FAIR AND CONSIDERATE of your fellow members and make sure you contribute your share of the bill so that you are not leaving them with more than their share to pay! *It is unacceptable to throw money on the table and leave before the bill arrives, unless you have made arrangements in advance. So, please remain at the table until the bill is paid up. Thanks for your understanding : - )
* OUR EVENTS are for adults only unless specified in their write up. Sorry but, it's NOT OKAY to assume that it's fine to bring your child/ren , grandchildren to an adult event... or any of our events unless specified. Most of us are/ have been parents & may also be grandparents - we definitely understand there are time when childcare is an issue. However, please be mindful of this.
* RATE THIS EVENT: Please take a moment after attending an event to fill out the "rate this event" survey meetup.com forwards to you. This is one of the ways Organizers are aware if an event was a hit or a miss! ALSO, the more who rate an event, the more stars the event receives, and THE MORE ***** THE EVENT RECEIVES, = THE MORE MEMBERS WHO WANT TO JOIN OUR GROUP! THIS OF COURSE INCREASES YOUR CHANCES AS A MEMBER TO MEET NEW MEMBERS! It's very simple-
SO: ***** Posted = A Great Rating And An Attractive Group = New Members = Your Chance To Meet Them! : - )
*CROSS-POSTING: At times we invite other meet up group's to some of our events and they do the same! The intent is to
socialize and meet new people. Some of the best meet ups we will have will be combined with groups from different areas other than our own. It's lots of FUN!
* SCHEDULING: We TRY to schedule as many events as possible that are mostly free. Any added event fee, if there is one will be added to the event when it is scheduled. Our site is Pay pal and Amazon enabled. * DO NOT attend an event unless you are willing to pay the fee. We can not accept walk-ins unless the Organizer has been contacted in advance * Please do your best to be on time for events. We wait 10 minutes for solid, "YES" RSVP. Sorry, but we do not wait for 'maybes." As for WHEN our events are scheduled. With the meet up software, we usually ANNOUNCE our meetups WAY in advance. We DO NOT expect you to rsvp months in advance. The reasoning is that if the meetup does not get announced when it's created, & if left on auto, you will not receive "The Invitation" or any info until 14-10 days ahead of time. For many that's too late as they have already made plans...So, we have decided accordingly.
*RSVP: Please make sure you RSVP for the events. This way we know how to plan accordingly! WALK-INS: Unless the Organizer of the event is contacted, we can not accept a member, 'walking in' especially is a reservation has been made with a venue - Or the meet up is scheduled in someone's home. If there is a problem? AGAIN, please contact the Organizer.
* ALL our meet up events are hosted for our members and only our members. At SOME of our events guests are welcome
( **please refer to our guest policy for more info about this.) " Walk-ins" of non-members at any of our events
* ORGANIZERS have the option to cancel an event if there is not enough interest/participation , or for personal reasons ( illness, etc.) & weather related. Every attempt will be made so this does not happen. But, if an event is canceled, comments will be posted. And, you will receive notification in a timely manner. ANY event fees (if there are any) will be promptly returned.
*NO-SHOWS: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Do not respond "yes" to an event and be a "no-show." We definitely understand that emergencies arise... Life happens to us all!
If you are a "no-show" and you do not contact the Organizer, we can only assume that you were not mindful of the group and it's members. If it's a time element, PLEASE take a moment and post in the comments that you will be late or not be able to attend. AFTER 3 NO-SHOWS & NO COMMUNICATION, THE ORGANIZER MAY REMOVE YOU FROM THE GROUP. It is very inconsiderate to be a "no show." Most events that require a dining reservation are on a limited basis. Your "no show" caused another member from not being able to attend the event, not to mention the frustration to the Organizer who took the time to schedule it & make the reservation. This is also unfair to the Organizer who plans the event then arrives at the location and there are "no-shows." It may help to think of our events as an "invitation" sent to you by a friend. Most of us would never consider being a no-show if a friend planned, scheduled and event and thought enough of you to send an invitation! SO, PLEASE do your best and be CONSIDERATE!
* ALL OUR GROUPS OPERATE IN TANDEM: Some events are posted on both sites, others are not. If you have been removed from either : " North Of 40 Socials. " Funseekers", "A New Chapter" 40+ or "A Tourist In My Own Backyard Meetup Group", you will automatically be removed from ALL of our groups
* "MAYBES: Meet Up USED to give the option of being a, "maybe" for an event posted. We are SO grateful that this no longer exists!!! We can not expect to plan, schedule and drive to an event for someone who "may" show up. Therefore, our groups do not accept 'maybe' RSVP for our events.
* CARPOOLING and all it entails is continuously brought up. "North Of 40 Socials", "A New Chapter 40+, "Funseekers", and " A Tourist In My Own Backyard 40+ " ALL assume absolutely no liability/ responsibility if you opt to carpool with another member. If you choose to carpool, you do so at your own risk. It is advisable to make sure you clearly understand the circumstances of those your ride with , keep in contact with them, and agree to a time factor, BEFORE AND DURING THE EVENT. It should NEVER involve being stranded due to miscommunication and having to involve other members. It is also advisable to BE A FRIEND AND SHARE YOUR PORTION OF THE EXPENSE: Example: gas and parking fees.
* MEMBERS/ MESSAGES: We don't want you to miss out on NEW event postings! Also, any messages we may send directly to you. Please remain available through email so we may contact you. SETTINGS: If you do NOT want to received comments/updates, etc. Go to your profile- then settings. The system will guide you with shutting these off.
* DAMAGING COMMENTS, CONDUCT, NEGATIVITY: Damaging comments, conduct, actions, or negativity will never be tolerated in our groups. It is too distracting for other members and takes away from the purpose of this group. This counts for immediate removal from the group. AGAIN, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM? PLEASE CONTACT THE ORGANIZER DIRECTLY.
* GUEST POLICY/GUILDELINES : You are welcome to bring a guest(s) to any event when applicable. It is a great compliment that you wish to share the group with a friend, family, member, etc.! Your guest is that: YOUR guest. Therefore you must be present at the event with your guest. It is not okay to send your guest ahead or for your guest to be there and you are not.
ALSO, your guest :
*CAN NOT have been a former member who has been banned from our group
* ALSO, can not have exceeded the 14-day trial period we offer when joining the group.
* MUST agree to our guidelines.
All members are responsible for their guest(s) and their behavior at all times- Sorry, to protect the integrity of the group there are no exceptions
* ALL OUR GROUPS: " North Of 40 Socials", "Funseekers", "A New Chapter 40+" and " A Tourist In My Own Backyard 40+ "assume absolutely NO liability at any time. Any event(s),activity, or contact with another member To, During and From all our events is solely at your own risk. ALL liability issued ( this were noted & checked off when you registered your acct. with meetup.com. Our groups all operate within all guidelines of Meetup.com's platform.
"GROUP DISCLAIMER" Liability Release - AS A CONDITION OF ATTENDING ANY MEETUP WITH THIS GROUP, YOU AGREE TO hold harmless, and indemnify the organizer and her heirs, and all members and participants of this Meet up group from any and all claims for injury, illness, death, and/or property damage including those caused by negligence, ignorance, inexperience and other reasons. You also agree to assume all mental, physical, financial, and/or other risk associated with this meet up. All meet up activities pose inherent risks and dangers. Participation in these activities is voluntary and dependent upon your own personal judgment
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About North of 40 Socials||August 19, 2016 12:21 PM||anonymous|