There's nothing finer than spending time and connecting with the natural world. Tai Chi Qi Gong (sounds like thai chee key gong) is a light aerobic, standing 'exercise' that as I'm an instructor of I would like to share/practice with others. Tai Chi Qi Gong is based on traditional Eastern/Asian health principles.
Some benefits of regular practice include:
Calming a frazzled stressy mind
Improved physical balance
Enhanced breathing capacity
Mobility and flexibility encouraged
Practice can be done fully clothed, no equipment and fits into a busy life/schedule.
Suited to be practised by all ages, physical abilities (eg as it's an holistic exercise it enhances those who are super fit too).
I'm hoping that we can have regular sessions as, at the very least it means I am motivated to practice myself.
VENUE: in the GROUNDS, grassy area of Presentation House Theatre. There are big trees to shelter from sun/wind and light rain.
WEATHER: unless it's raining medium to heavy I will be there.
No special clothing is required, as long as you can move easily in it and please wear comfortable flat footwear.
Link to demonstation of Tai Chi Qi Gong I did on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyAxSxTrq1Y&feature=share&list=TLOiNqm3wyI8w
Having accepted that you have RSVP for this event and have read this page that you have also agreed to the following Waiver.
Attendees acknowledge there is a measure of personal risk involved in this event.
Attendees acknowledge they are responsible for the safety of their own person while participating in this event.
Attendees agree to be responsible for any minors in their charge while participating in this event.
Attendees agree not to hold the Event Host, or the North Shore Social Club, responsible in any way for any injury or injuries which may occur as a result of their participation in this event.
Rules for all Events:
1. All participants in North Shore Social Club activities are entirely responsible for their own safety.
2. All event hosts are Volunteers and as such they are not responsible for any accidents or injuries which may occur before, during, or after any event.
3. The event host reserves the right to refuse participation to members if they show up to the meeting unannounced, or if they are late and miss orientation.
4. All participants must prepare with necessary supplies for any events/activities.
5. All participants must stay within the group and carefully consider the advice of the event host and other knowledgeable event attendees.
6. All participants should check the NSSC site a few hours before the event/activity for any rescheduling or cancellation due to weather changes or unforeseeable factors which may affect the safety and/or success of the event.
As Good Samaritans, all participants are expected to look out for one another.