Northern San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Group Photography Swap Meet(up) - We Need Your Input Here

Group Photography Swap Meet(up) - We Need Your Input Here

A former member
Post #: 1
I'm definitely interested! evenings after 6pm works for me but weekend is preferred. Perhaps we can showcase our items here for those who can't attend? or do an auction event at the end so everyone can try to sell all their stuff? or donate items not sold to local photography schools?

Thanks & awesome idea!
Elena
A former member
Sounds Good.
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,240
Joe Libertini said:
Is it going to be in North County?

Since I live east of downtown, I'm planning the first of these closer to home, or at least NOT in the North County.

If someone wants to host one in the North County I'd be happy to help out here on the website. They would need to set up a location and run the event, which shouldn't be that difficult. Basically, everyone would be responsible for their own tables and doing their deals as well as handling cash and making change.

Think Swap Meet.
A former member
Post #: 2
Could we just do it at one of the monthly meetings? We seem to get a good of turnout for those (SD Group, anyway)

I would be very interested in this event. I dont think I would have anything to sell, but definitely looking to buy.
Richard C.
richardcrowe
Escondido, CA
Post #: 66
Great idea... I have several large and small items I would like to sell including three Canon lenses: 17-40mm f/4L, 70-200mm f/4L (non-IS) and a 50mm f/1.8 Mark-I (with metal mount and distance scale). I also have a Manfrotto 681 and a Manfrotto aluminum tripod with Manfrotto ball head as well as s couple of nice camera bags, including a Lowepro bag for camera and laptop which I won at a photo event and have never used.

I hate placing things on eBay or on craigslist. That is why I still have the gear. I hope to use the proceeds from the equipment sale to upgrade to a Canon 7D camera.

However, I'd trade all three lenses for a Canon 5D camera in excellent condition...

I could be available any night for this event. It might be a good idea if folks could know what we all have to offer. That way, they could bring enough money...
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,241
Angela wrote: Could we just do it at one of the monthly meetings? We seem to get a good of turnout for those (SD Group, anyway)

I would be very interested in this event. I dont think I would have anything to sell, but definitely looking to buy.

I'm looking at a possible venue for this event as I don't think Cafe Loma is large enough to allow the space
that we would need to set up tables for merchandise and let everyone move about freely. The perfect
venue would let people have individual tables for their stuff and be easy to navigate in.

Also, I'm looking to include both groups in this since there is interest from a lot of people in each.

Stay tuned...
Lloyd
user 3742450
San Diego, CA
Post #: 5
Very interested.
A former member
Sounds great! I have a Canon 24-70mm f2.8L lens that I never use. It is a great lens and needs a good home now that I'm shooting with primes. I also have a bunch of bags that I bought and used once or twice trying to find the right setup. After work or on a weekend would be better for me since we are coming from North County.