addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Northern San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Serious Lightroom 3 Training for Serious Photographers

Serious Lightroom 3 Training for Serious Photographers

A former member
Post #: 179
George Jardine, a member of the original LR development team and former Adobe Pro Photography evangelist, will be in San Diego on Nov 12 & 13 to present a two-day Lightroom 3 Workshop. I've taken classes with George and he's among the best. Don't take my word, go HERE for several free videos of George's style. Be sure to view his free B&W Conversion video.

George is very smart, on-point, articulate and has a subtle sense of humor. He treats his students like intelligent photographers and knows how to explain complex technologies in simple, easy-to-understand terms. George can pack more useful information into an hour than any info-tainment style speakers pack into a day.

As I said, this class isn't for everyone but if you're taking advantage of the down economy to improve your skills and prepare for a better business environment, George's Lightroom Workshop should be at the top of your priorities.

Click HERE for more information and to register.
A former member
Post #: 183
News Flash! I managed to wrangle an additional $50 discount for our members. If you're ready for the best Lightroom training for serious photographers, contact George for an additional $50 "Friends of George" discount. (I have no financial interest in George's workshops, I'm just a satisfied student)
A former member
Post #: 189
George Jardine will be in San Diego next Sat & Sun for two days of the best LR3 training available. There are just a few seats left. The workshop is normally $395 but you can get in for just $245 with an FOL (Friend of Lee) discount. Just send George an e-mail from his blog and ask for the discount code.

FYI, I have no financial interest in this workshop. I am paying the discounted price like everyone else. I hope to see you in class this coming weekend. (Rain is forecast for next weekend so you might as well learn LR from a guy who helped develop it at Adobe.)
A former member
Post #: 192
This was an outstanding LR3 workshop. Some photographers flew down from San Francisco and Oregon to attend, not to mention those who drove in from Orange County and Palm Springs. That's what I call serious photographers!

I'm self-taught on LR so it was great to fill in the gaps in my knowledge and understanding. I learned a whole new DAM workflow so I wouldn't have to keep scaling my multi-terabyte library but, at the same time, keep all my files in near-line storage. I'm also anxious to apply some new Sharpening and Noise Reductions concepts I learned from George.

It was fun to get insight from someone who actually worked at Adobe with guys like Thomas Knoll, John Nack, Jeff Schewe, John Warnock, Mark Hamburg, Eric Chan, Andrew Rodney and other PS/LR icons. If you're serious about Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (yes, that's the correct full title,) try to attend a workshop with George. It's not Photoshop World-like rock concert-style entertainment but more like an intimate dinner with good friends.