North Jersey Moms Meetup
Meet others who want to make friends for their young children and themselves. Our group is composed primarily of moms with children under the age of 6. Together we’ve planned and enjoyed events such as play dates at homes and parks, strolls, library times, nature hikes, fire station visits, coffee time, pool time, picnics, holiday parades, tea parties, spa mornings, game nights, evening outings, family events, community outreach, discussion groups and more. Most of our meetups take place both weekdays and weekends in Bergen & Hudson Counties.
We are a community of mothers that communicates online, but meets actively offline with the shared priorities of Diversity, Charity, Education, and Support. North Jersey Moms Meetup strive to make our group an inclusive, safe and friendly place where we and our children can come together to play and learn, share the common experience of parenthood, and support the neighborhoods we live in.
• Invitations to our many social meetups and automatic notification of events
• Friendships for both parents and children
• Free support groups & parenting workshops
• Free/low cost educational programs such as field trips and Lunch & Learn seminars
• Access to online event calendar and message boards
• Member-only discounts & coupons to local attractions and businesses
•Dues are $20/year (Jan 12 – Dec 12) payable through Paypal one month after joining. Dues cover website fees, insurance, reservation of rental space, event- related expenses, member-only benefits, and a small stipend for the directors for their time and effort put into organizing events, maintaining the website/calendar, and communicating with members.
•Members attend at least 1 meetup every 3 months (This is so that we can maintain the cohesive, tight-knit group.)
•Members host at least 1 meetup every six months (It doesn’t need to be big-it can be anything that you can invite 3+ people to attend. Your directors can assist you with ideas!)
•Members participate in at least 1 charity event a year (attendance isn’t necessary)
When communicating with individuals or the entire group in any format, we expect the following:
• Content is positive and tone is warm, friendly and respectful. Write as if you are speaking with a dear friend.
• Show respect for the diversity of perspectives and experiences of group members.
• Spell check and proofread for grammar and content to make sure you’ve answered all questions and followed our communication guidelines.
• All solicitation must be approved and sent out or posted by a co-director.
In the event that you do not follow these guidelines, a co-director will contact you with a warning. On the next offense you will be removed from the group for the peace of mind and safety of the members.
• Honor your RSVPs and be courteous to update them if plans change.
• Rest up at home if you or your child are ill to prevent spread of illness to other attendees of a meetup
• Refrain from promoting your business unless discussed with a co-director.
• Fully complete and update online profile page and post a picture of both you and your child. (Please contact a co-director if you are uncomfortable doing so.)
By becoming a member of this group, you:
• agree that the NJMM and its directors are not liable for anything that may happen while attending one of our events
• affirm that it is the responsibility of the parent to watch her child at all times and ensure their safety
• promise to be mindful of your children to ensure they are not causing harm to other others, and acknowledge that failure to do so will result in removal from the group
It's been a great five years for the North Jersey Moms! Thank you for your positive and respectful participation, your wonderful ideas and assistance, and your great support for fellow members. As we enter our fifth year together, we look forward to strengthening our community and welcoming new members!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About North Jersey Moms Meetup Group||May 5, 2013 10:55 PM||anonymous|