Exciting cannon battles, walk-on tours, and a family-oriented sailing excursion are on the agenda for an upcoming visit to Jack London Square in Oakland by the tall ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain. The vessels are scheduled to arrive on Thursday, February 28 and stay through Wednesday, March 6. Here’s the ships’ public sailing schedule:
- 3/1: Walk-on tours, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. No reservation required, but $3 donation requested.
- 3/2-3: Walk-on tours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. No reservation required, but $3 donation requested.
- 3/2-3: Battle Sails, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., $40-$60.
- 3/3: Adventure Sail (Hawaiian Chieftain only), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. $39 all ages.
- 3/5-6: Walk-on tours, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. No reservation required, but $3 donation requested.
Battle Sails are three-hour excursions in San Francisco Bay featuring real cannon firing real gunpowder, but not cannon balls, in a re-creation of a typical 18th century-style naval skirmish. Tickets are $60 adults, $50 students/seniors/active military, and $40 children 12 and under. Purchases of eight or more tickets earn a 15 percent discount on the price per ticket.
The Adventure Sail is a three-hour family-oriented educational excursion aboard Hawaiian Chieftain offering an opportunity for guests to help raise a sail, sing a sea shanty, hear maritime stories, and take the wheel, conditions permitting. Tickets for the Adventure Sail are $39 for all ages.
Purchase tickets for all sailings online or call[masked]-5239. Walk-on tours are a chance to explore the vessels at the dock and speak with the crews. A $3 donation per person is appreciated.
Thinking of going Sunday about noon