|A former member||
Job Title: UI/UX Designer/Jr. Product Manager
The Knowland Group is seeking a creative and highly motivated user experience associate to join our team in Washington, DC. Our UI/UX Designer will work cohesively as a part of our Product Development Team to develop, test, and deliver Knowland Group’s award winning hospitality software products to thousands of our hotel clients worldwide.
• Work cohesively as part of the Product Development team to analyze, recommend, define, evaluate, test and improve the user interface of Knowland Group’s SaaS-based software products.
• Utilize applications such as the Adobe Suite & Photoshop in the user interface design process
• Proactively draw out user experience or design issues and successfully address those issues to ensure projects stay on track and to meet project deadlines
• Work closely with internal and external clients (hotel clients, hospitality technology vendors, Client Care team, Implementation & Integration teams, etc.) during the development process
• Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends as it relates to usability testing, user experience and user centric design, and emerging technologies
• Promote creativity, be a client advocate and work to continually raise the bar!
• Work in a fast-paced agile development environment
Our Ideal Candidate:
This is the ideal role for a talented, tech savvy contributor to grow into a product manager role. For this role, candidates must have proven success working in a creative, collaborative environment and must work well with project managers, other designers, programmers, developers, etc. Exceptional communication skills are imperative and in-depth knowledge of the Adobe Suite and creating web-based applications are required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred.
Location/Work Environment: 623 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001 - In 2011, our Washington DC office, located in scenic Chinatown, was voted one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Greater Washington area by the Washington Business Journal! The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy!
Benefits: Aside from working with smart, good-humored, hardworking Knowland employees, having uncapped growth potential and a work/life balance, this position also includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company contribution, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, gym reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, childcare reimbursement, SmartTrip Benefits for our DC employees, and paid time-off and paid holidays.