Matt Thomas of BetweenBrain will present his perspective on choosing among Joomla! Template Frameworks.
Since discovering the Joomla!® content management system / web application framework in 2006, Matt has truly become a Joomlaholic. He has since joined the Joomla Bug Squad, where he lead the Automated Test Team as well as performs regular bug squashing activities, and has more recently been asked to be the Development Team Leader for the Molajo™ Joomla! Based Application. Matt is also creator of the Construct Template Development Framework.
We are going to try to do this Meetup using Google+.
Matt will be on Linux, which does not support GoToMeeting. This means we need to have some new protocols:
- Sign yourself up for Google Plus if you are not already on it, and familiarize yourself with its controls.
- We will try to add you to my (Dorothy Firsching's) JUG circle ahead of time so it will be easier to invite you.
- After you are connected in, turn off your camera and mute your mike, and open up a chat window to minimize bandwidth and echoes. We can selectively turn on our mikes as needed.
- We will let each person introduce themselves and their interest in the topic, before turning the presentation over to Matt. Afterward, we will pose questions using chat and try not to have too many people talking at once -- unless it works well for us.
- If you are experienced with Google+, send me a message with any additional good practices.
I just switched this to a Virtual meetup rather than at the library because I think I might do better at it using my desktop computer with a second monitor. Let me know if you really want to meet at the library and I won't cancel the space, you just won't see me.
See the Google Plus Hangout below: