addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NovaRUG/Web Platform DC Message Board The Northern Virginia Ruby Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Rails Developer - contract opportunity - No. VA

Rails Developer - contract opportunity - No. VA

David A.
user 13701648
Vienna, VA
Post #: 4
We are looking for a Rails developer to assist us with a short term contract we are currently working on. The project uses all the latest Rails goodness: Rails 3.2, hosted on Heroku, versioned & issue tracking through Github, using several popular gems and plugins to make this application work. You need to have a local environment set up for this (bring your own computer). I need someone that can hit the ground running.

Skills required? If you know how to flesh out a Rails application beyond the basic scaffolding, understand ActiveRecord and can deal with basic CSS / Javascript issues, and understand how to work with other devs in a Git environment (ideally Github), then I want to talk to you. We may just hand you bugs that need to be fixed or give you larger parts of the application to work on - it depends on your skill set.

Contract is full time and runs through mid-March. Ideally the candidate would work out of our Ashburn, VA offices but could work from home if needed; would have to come to Ashburn, VA for some meetings.

If you are interested, drop me an email with your resume and I'll get back to you: david.alison at itcadre.com

(Note: I'm leading this project, am a Rails dev, not a recruiter, so you'll get pretty quick responses)