Nikola L.
user 7869480
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA

Yep, count me in, even as an imaginary number, even if you're in the fifth dimension at the moment..

FDWalshe

Dear NTIC members:

I see that there has been much communication between members lately, but
that the message board has not been used significantly. I would like to
encourage the use of the message board so that our communications can be
better organized and so that members' inboxes are not constantly flooded with
individual messages.

The message board can be found at:
http://ntesla.meetup....­

While our message board will be a free forum, I ask that members try to refrain
from personal attacks and intolerance. These deter membership and viewership
for our site.

There is a lot that we have to get done and debate will be a vital part of that.
We have split into several subgroups to allow for the club to take different
directions and help to appease everyone. Please be cognizant of this and try to
be tolerant of others' views.

Please use the forum responsibly and seriously.

There is a lot of important work ahead of us and we will certainly have some
disagreements as to how to proceed. However, our membership is open to all
and we must remain open to all ideas. We also will need additional members and
have to be a completely inclusive organization. We cannot afford to send
members away because of differences in opinion.

Please keep your criticism constructive and focussed on the ideas themselves. It
is great to have arguments and counter arguments, but let us not lose sight of
the fact that we are all working toward the same ends and hope to one day live
in a world where Tesla is not hidden in history.

Each of our divisions should organize itself and choose one member to lead
meetings and invite new members. Sharon has taken this type of leadership role
with her group, and I hope to see others follow in her footsteps. I will do my
best to attend these meetings and can even find the location.

Thank you for your understanding, hope to see you on the message board
A former member
Post #: 2
How is it that goes that expression about the rock and the hard place ;?)

Communicate through email and alienate a few who are looking for ways not to be engaged or shut it down and switch to the forum and choke off the lively discussions and thought processes ? - that is the real question.

So, with this, I am doing a small survey to see just how many of us are regularly checking these boards. I know I have not been. As soon as you see this, please post your reply so that we can see just how truly [in]effective this board is.

If you are one of those that complained about too many emails then here is your perfect chance to prove that we are not dealing with a case of choking off communication between active members by those who are not all that interested in what is going on. Prove me wrong by letting us know that you read this.

P.S. Please post regardless if you have complained or not. After 24 hours I will tally up the results.
A former member
Post #: 3
6 hours later and there is not even a single indication that anyone has even seen this - so much for board based discussions
Nikola L.
user 7869480
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 4
1.Nikola L. 5.45 PM
A former member
Post #: 5
LOL ... More than 12 hours later and Mr.Lonchar is the only one who has both seen and decided to respond to this little - email vs board - effectiveness test.
A former member
Post #: 6
Why wait another hour ?
Lets SPAM the complainers.
John K.
JohnKirk
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 1
P.S. Please post regardless if you have complained or not. After 24 hours I will tally up the results.

John Kirk 10:28 A.M. 22 Oct 09
A former member
Post #: 255
I really don't think it's unwise to be attacking people. Not everyone is going to read every posted discussion. They are going to read and join one's that are relevant to them. It's going to take a bit for the group to transition to the forum. We'll have to be patient.

Another issue at hand is remodeling this forum. I think that would help make discussions more efficient. Perhaps we can have every project have it's own folder.
James
user 2416260
New Castle, DE
Post #: 2
present...

I see your point.The message board isn't as "visible" to people as the emails. People are in the habit of checking their email everyday, but not in the habit of coming to this message board.

I had just joined the group a couple weeks ago, and just been so far lurking around the group finding out what it is you are about. Message Boards are great for that. It the short run emails are more affective, but over time people start blocking messages, ignoring them, turning of notifications, and such. A user can set up to track discussions and be sent email when their are new messages on the board.
I think Dave is right though, once the individuals who want to actively participate get used to the massage board they will join the discussion. If they don't then they are not really wanting to be a active participant.
Dave R
drdaveor
Highlands Ranch, CO
Post #: 3
I check the message board. But I find it difficult to follow when a new message is posted without opening a folder. On other boards, I have seen a list of the most recently added messages sorted by date, as well as searching capabilities, and folders devoted to single ideas (subject matter).

-Dave