Jul 12, 2014 · 8:00 AM
Quail Canyon Ranch
Cowboy Breakfast, Bluegrass Band, Nevada Ranching...
This has been an (almost) annual event on the Quail Canyon Ranch out by Pyramid Lake. They serve you breakfast, have a blue-grass band, and do some authentic cattle-branding in the nearby corral.
It is a great event for the whole family! If you live in Nevada and have never seen a traditional round-up and branding, this is your chance!
There is a $15 donation per person. Kids under 12 are free. This is a Republican event, and sponsored by ranch owner Sally Miller.
Map CLICK HERE.
- Exit I-80 at Pyramid Way, heading North.
- Follow Pyramid Hwy almost ALL THE WAY out (It'll probably be about a 40 minute drive from I-80).
- When you get almost to Pyramid Lake, look for Mile Marker 29, and any Quail Canyon Ranch signs (there should be one...).
- The turn onto Quail Canyon Rd. will be to the right.
- There will probably be signs out, so keep your eyes open.
FOR THOSE WITH GPS systems: The coordinates FOR THE TURN off of Pyramid appear to be somewhere near:[masked]ºN,[masked]ºW
Some scenes from the movie "The Misfits" (1961, Clark Gable & Marilyn Monroe) were filmed at the Quail Canyon Ranch.