FileMaker is a great tool for rapid development and sometimes we just need to quickly create a database to store our data. However, many projects require more planning. We may, for example, ask questions such as the following:
- What is the purpose of this database?
- Who are the users?
- How many users are there?
- What devices will they use to access the database?
- What platform will they use?
- What are the user interface design requirements?
- What strategy will be used for the relationship graph inside FileMaker?
- What naming convention will be used?
This will be an open discussion with various developers going through the steps they take to begin a project.
[Please note: this meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of the month rather than our normal 1st Tuesday]