addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NY / CMU Technology & Entrepreneurship Meetup Message Board › Creating a LinkedIn Group

Creating a LinkedIn Group

Yuchun Peter W.
user 13465096
New York, NY
Post #: 1
All - As mentioned in our kick-off meeting. I think it would be great to create a corresponding enterprise social network that has more features than MeetUp, so we can share our professional work, slides, jobs, event photos, discussions, etc.

There are many platforms to create this group. I am thinking LinkedIn would be a good choice, since it already has all of our professional profiles.

What do you guys think? I want to create one asap so we can get this great group started.

Best,
Peter
John
jp1968
Maple Shade, NJ
Post #: 1
Hi Peter, I did enjoy going to NYC and meeting CMU people there. Two things that stick in my head though are 1) I'm closer to Philly than NYC and 2) I noticed the kind of technology I do doesn't overlap so much with what others in the group are doing. I would join a LinkedIn group if we created it but I'm not sure what I'd offer.
John