Join fellow technologists, entrepreneurs, and investors for the NY Enterprise Technology Meetup's (NYETM) May meetup on Wednesday 5/16/12 from 6:45pm-9:00pm!
This event is being run as part of Internet Week NY (https://www.internetweekny.com/) and we're excited to be one of the events during the 5th year of the festival.
The format of the event will be 4 company demos for 15 minutes each (with 5 minutes of audience Q&A after each demo), along with networking before/after.
For our May meetup we have some exciting companies demoing their technologies, including:
- Aqumin - Brings game changing interactive 3D visual interpretation to the financial services industry – enabling traders, portfolio managers, and risk analysts to extract more value out of their quoted and proprietary data. (The company is a FinTech Innovation Lab graduate)
- Adaptivity - Provides innovative software-based solutions to enable IT transformation including data center evolution, application portfolio rationalization, and cloud enablement. The company’s industry unique approach reduces transformation timeframes, minimizes risks of the unknown, and allows clients to accurately plan. Their software-based approach significantly lowers the cost of IT transformation and makes it repeatable and scalable.
- Basho - Makers of the open-source, distributed database Riak. Inspired by Amazon's Dynamo, Riak scales both predictably and easily. A truly fault-tolerant system, Riak has no single point of failure and is currently being used in production at thousands of startups and enterprises.
- Spire.io - A platform-as-a-service (PaaS) startup which makes it easier for developers to build web and mobile applications. They provide powerful, integrated APIs running on secure and reliable elastic cloud infrastructure. Their first API is notifications/messaging, with more to come.
- Business App of the Month: Betterment - Betterment is a groundbreaking online investment advisor and brokerage dedicated to helping everyone save for their long-term goals with ease. Betterment achieves this through low-cost, well-grounded, and automatically implemented financial advice designed for smart, busy people.
- Guest Speaker: Allen Gannett of Acceleprise - Acceleprise is an accelerator focused on enterprise technology founded and anchored by investor and entrepreneur Sean Glass. It is the first independent accelerator focused solely on enterprise technology in the United States. Acceleprise provides both capital and community support to enterprise entrepreneurs while they work from a shared office in Washington DC over four months.
Sign up today, and if you have any questions, please contact Jon Lehr at [masked].
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!