August 14, 2012 · 6:45 PM
Join fellow technologists, entrepreneurs, and investors for the NY Enterprise Technology Meetup's (NYETM) August meetup on Tuesday 8/14/12 from 6:45pm-9:00pm!
The format of the event will be company demos for 15 minutes each (with 5 minutes of audience Q&A after each demo), along with networking before/after.
For our August meetup we have some exciting companies demoing their technologies, including:
- Special Keynote by Jive Software co-founder Bill Lynch - As a vice president in the Product Management team, Bill is responsible for some of Jive's most important product initiatives. Along with Matt Tucker, Bill founded Jive Software in 2001 and has helped build the company from just two people to where it is today, a publicly traded company with a $1.2 billion market cap.
- Delphix - Delphix turns database infrastructure into software that operates in a fraction of the space, while preserving full functionality and performance. With database virtualization, enterprises can reduce complex data refreshes and provisioning tasks from 10 days to 10 seconds and shrink 10 TB into 1 TB. Leading global organizations use Delphix to dramatically reduce the time, cost, and risk of application rollouts, simplifying database operations by 100x, while consolidating redundant hardware by 10x.
- WayIn- Wayin is a mobile and online service that generates “one-to-many” conversations between individuals, brands, enterprises, schools and public sector agencies with their fans, customers, communities and citizens. While many enterprises are looking for social capabilities, few have thought out social media 2.0 – where social capabilities could dictate business processes and growth. WayIn offers an easy (even fun) way for employees to interact and for managers to learn. Wayin can also be integrated into an enterprises’s existing mobile app, on its website through a widget, or as a Facebook app.
- MyPRGenie - MyPRGenie is a cloud-based, PR and social media platform. The platform combines PR with social media to make digital media marketing more effective. Its comprehensive PR engine and social media management tools, Facebook Genie and Tweet Genie, significantly increase your visibility, help you monitor and engage your audience in real time, and get found.
- Business App of the Month: IT Central Station - Currently in beta, IT Central Stationis a disruptive new B2B social network for the enterprise technology market. Its community provides product ratings and reviews of enterprise software, hardware and services written by real users. They are "The Yelp or TripAdvisor for Enterprise Technology."
- Accelerator Announcement: NYC SeedStart Enterprise, Overview by Owen Davis - NYC SeedStart is launching an enterprise-focused accelerator in New York City and is looking for software and web-based teams with technical co-founders launching companies in the enterprise software area. The program will take place in New York City from October to January 2013. Particular areas of interest are SaaS, Real-time Analytics, Security, Cloud Services and Consumer-enabled Enterprise Products. If your company is working in any of these areas, apply now!
Sign up today, and if you have any questions, please contact Jon Lehr at [masked].
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!