|Sent on:||Friday, August 12, 2011 2:21 PM|
I work for Lab49 and we are looking to expand our team and we build front office trading systems using Java and languages that run on the JVM (e.g. Scala, Clojure, etc) I have included the job req, we do SCOPE the role to a person’s experience and aptitude. We pay EXTREMELY well and are happy to relocate people to the metro NYC area. Please email me a resume if interested. No recruiters, please.
Core Java Architect/Developer
Lab49 - Manhattan
Lab49’s Java projects are usually involved in building server-side applications which encapsulate the workflow,
processing, and business logic of our clients’ core trading business. These may be systems to manage the pricing of large portfolios of instruments; service-oriented architectures for building truly decoupled distributed systems; or data grid implementations
for large-scale data-intensive applications.
Sometimes our projects include a web front-end component to them, so familiarity with Java-based web technologies can be a benefit but is not always strictly a requirement.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Professional software development experience
* Strong grasp of software design patterns and effective development methodologies
* Demonstrated experience writing commercial-grade software applications
* Deep understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
* Driven to produce software of the highest quality through self-discipline, clear and engaged communication, and attention to detail
* An abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler)
* Ability to communicate effectively and to influence client strategy, tactics, and perceptions
* Determination to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
* Highly productive software developer with the proven aptitude to understand and apply technology
* Resourcefulness and independence
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Lab49 is a technology consulting firm that builds advanced solutions for the financial services industry. Our
clients include many of the world's largest investment banks, hedge funds and exchanges. Lab49 designs and delivers some of the most sophisticated and forward-thinking financial applications in the industry today, and has an impeccable delivery record on mission
Lab49 helps clients effect positive change in their markets through technological innovation and a rich fabric of industry best practices and first-hand experience. From next-generation trading platforms to innovative risk aggregation and reporting systems to entirely new investment ventures, we enable our clients to realize new business opportunities and gain competitive advantage.
Lab49 cultivates a collaborative culture that is both innovative and delivery-focused. We value intelligent, experienced, and personable engineering professionals that work with clients as partners. With a proven ability to attract and retain industry-leading engineering talent and to forge and leverage valued partnerships, Lab49 continues to innovate at the vanguard of software and technology.