I'm really excited for this one. I think it's gonna blow some minds!
Announcing a new Meetup for New York Scala Enthusiasts!
What: Web Development in the Scala World Outside of Lift
When: Tuesday, March 23,[masked]:30 PM
Price: $5.00 per person
632 Broadway 3rd Floor, Suite 301
New York, NY 10012
In December, Harryh from Foursquare presented
the Lift Framework
, the most well known and highly used Scala based web framework. Lift is great, but if you're like me then you like a healthy dose of competition. So where are the other Scala based web frameworks? Peter Kovac knows!
Peter will talk about:
he's been doing to integrate Scala into The Play Framework
- which if you ask me (Dustin), is the best thing to come to Java Web Development since Grails.Pinky
, a REST/MVC glue web framework built on top of Guice and Guice Servlet 2.0, which boasts:
- Out of the box support for REST via managed servlets
- No learning curve (we are dealing with plain old servlets/filters after all)
- akka integration
- comet integration
- Easy access to Request/Response objects
- and a ton of other features!
Again, there will be Pizza and Beer!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/New-York-Scala-Enthusiasts/calendar/12651402/