addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

ny-scala Message Board › Plugin Problem from July 18th meetup

Plugin Problem from July 18th meetup

Nathan H.
n8han
Montréal, QC
Post #: 1
Here's the plugin problem slide from Mark Harrah's talk on Saturday. Please use this thread for solution ideas and discussion. At the end of the week we'll reveal the answer that Mark came up with. (Maybe there are multiple solutions?)

http://files.meetup.c...­
Nathan H.
n8han
Montréal, QC
Post #: 2
Some code Mark supplied to check potential solutions against:

abstract class Plugin27 {
val runsAfter: String
}
abstract class Plugin28 {
val runsAfter: List[String]
val runsBefore: List[String] = Nil
}
class Check27 extends Plugin27 {
val runsAfter = "jvm"
}
class Check28 extends Plugin28 {
val runsAfter = "jvm" :: Nil
}

The goal is for Check27 and Check28 to have the same body. Better hurry though, @djspiewak is on the case!
Nathan H.
n8han
Montréal, QC
Post #: 3
Just so you know, guys, this problem has a solution and I just found it! Took about an hour.

Friggin' hints:

• No, scalac is not going to implicitly convert into the type required by the parent class, it would rather error out forever.
  • Everything in the example code is there for a reason! This hint is practically a SPOILER ALERT: There probably aren't any solutions that don't exploit all the differences between the two potential parent classes.

Good luck. I'll post the solution this weekend. Feel free to comment on this thread even if you don't have a solution so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself, here.

Nathan
Nathan H.
n8han
Montréal, QC
Post #: 4
What with all the chatter on this thread, I forgot to post the answer. Well, here it is.