NY Tech Meetup Message Board NY Tech Meetup Discussion Forum › January Presentations - post here if you want to present

January Presentations - post here if you want to present

Closed to new replies

Richard
user 8203345
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Samepoint, Inc.

http://www.samepoint....­

Samepoint.com is a conversational search engine that monitors conversations taking place across the social web. Samepoint.com tracks millions of conversations, taking place across hundreds of thousands of the most influential blogs and social media sites. User-generated discussions are typically not indexed by major search engines, such as Google, as they do not reside on static pages. Samepoint.com converts these discussions into web pages, or permalinks, and organizes them by topic being discussed. Users can save searches as RSS alerts and create their own comment feeds or subscribe to pre-defined feeds on popular topics of the day.

The company is based in NYC and is very active in the Silicon Alley community. We want an opportunity to showcase our technology to other NYC professionals and entrepreneurs. This would be the first public presentation of our service, since going live in Sept.
Steven L.
lehrblogger
New York, NY
Post #: 1
1. TwiTerra (ITP student project)

2. http://twiterra.com...­

3. TwiTerra reveals how people use Twitter to share and re-share ideas, building connections that encircle the world. Created for the Introduction to Computational Media class at NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program, TwiTerra builds data models of geo-located tweets and visualizes how ideas are initiated with original messages and branch out as other users re-broadcast them. In addition, the project provides data-driven conclusions about how information travels between geographically defined social networks. This untargeted message forwarding can serve to break people out of these otherwise potentially homophilous networks, and TwiTerra visualizes these communications in a global context.

4. Twitter has huge amounts of data publicly available, and I’m excited about the new tools that can be built to leverage this data. TwiTerra has acted as an idea-inspiring example to many people at the ITP Winter Show, and I think the members of the NY Tech Meetup would enjoy a demo. I would also hope to see more interaction between the graduate students at ITP and the broader NY Tech community.
Ted R.
fatius
New York, NY
Post #: 1

• enjoysthin.gs
  • http://enjoysthin.gs...­
  • enjoysthin.gs is a website dedicated to collecting and sharing things you enjoy. It's part social bookmarking and part discovery tool for images, quotes, videos, links and anything else on the internet. This site was made by me (Ted Roden) in my spare time and was initially designed to be something simple that I could get out the door quickly while larger projects were stagnating. It's been growing quickly and has a small and thriving community. The development has been hectic, I launched 31 features in 31 days during December and will be coming out of beta on Jan 5th. (edit: I do twitter importing, but it probably doesn't qualify as "based on twitter.")
  • I've been involved in the NYC Tech community for a while. I was at vimeo.com, now I'm in R&D at The New York Times. I'm excited to finally have made something by myself that others can use and would love to show it off at the NY Tech Meetup.