|Sent on:||Friday, July 13, 2007 1:04 PM|
This position's responsibilities include the following:
1. Maintain all systems at remote data center, print facility and 2 offices. This includes production Linux, Windows Servers and Solaris. Details of "maintenance" range from debugging network issues to rolling out operating system patches to ensuring that proper data protection policies are in place. This role will also include day-to-day communications with the support organization at our data center.
2. Manage a team of System Administrators.
3. Extensive knowledge in Systems Monitoring, experience with zabbix a plus.
4. Network administration including router configuration, firewalls and vpn
5. Extensive knowledge of email systems, including Linux based email using postfix and Microsoft Exchange.
6. Work as a team member on system improvement projects that make the operation more effective. Projects are resourced from various parts of the company including development operations and customer service. Projects can range from 3-6 weeks in length and require proper planning, resource allocation, QA, and follow-through of deliverables.
7. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining the company's telephone and email systems and the applications used to interface with third party services such as payment processing.
The responsibilities listed above (and especially #1) require constant attention and may, and often do, fall outside of the normal 9 to 5 workday. It is expected that when problems arise A systems administrator will make himself available until problems are resolved and solutions put in place with little regard for outside commitments. This may entail visiting the remote data center located in Westchester at night, on weekends and during holidays in order to fix problems that arise.
Overview Of Qualifications:
At least 5 years experience as a Linux and Windows systems administrator.
24x7, hands-on services; the ability to lead/manage projects with small and
Mid-sized teams and most importantly, a complete lack of fear when it
comes to diving deep in the following technologies.
4+ years of management or supervisory responsibility
Expected knowledge coming into the job:
* Linux system administration
* Basic Windows 2000 system knowledge
* In depth understanding of UNIX
* Load Balancers including Linux Virtual Server and ldirector with heartbeat
* Project management (planning, sourcing, and reviewing)
* Java/servlet (Tomcat) experience a must.
* Mysql / Mysql replication
* Large storage arrays.
Skills/knowledge that will have to be learned in first six months:
* Python scripting
* Jakarta tomcat servlet container deployment and configuration
* QA of java servlet applications
== END OF FORWARDED MESSAGE ==