Re: [newtech-1] seems awesome to have Cesar Chavez on the google homepage today...

From: Baba
Sent on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:03 AM
lol amusing, if the NewYorker Cartoonists could see this thread, they would have a field day...


On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Adrian Stoch <[address removed]> wrote:
Anita, people aren't getting your point because:
(1) Its misplaced to be making this argument on a tech forum. 
(2) Your feeling of entitlement is bizarre and defies logic.
(3) But most importantly, your point just doesn't make sense. You originally stated that you felt snubbed by Google because they didn't honor an annual tradition. But now you are saying that it doesn't matter to you that they haven't done this tradition for many years.

So... when you say "we were expecting one", what on earth was this based on? (rhetorical)



From: [address removed]
Subject: Re: [newtech-1] seems awesome to have Cesar Chavez on the google homepage today...
To: [address removed]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr[masked]:08:38 -0400

Yassar, You and others are missing the point. I am not trying to convince you or have anyone buy into my analysis. What analysis? I simply stated how I felt about it... my reaction to it. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but it is not to be dismissed either. I am acknowledging that I understand why some people were surprised that Google didn't have an Easter Doodle. And it doesn't matter how many years it's been since an Easter Doodle has appeared. That is irrevelant to me. Again, I am only concerned about now, Easter 2013. We were expecting one and we didn't get it. Surprise. The End.


On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Yasser Ansari <[address removed]> wrote:
Yes, let's do something. Let's pass legislation so your feelings don't get hurt. Let's also make sure we never allow birthday tributes to people who dedicate their entire lives to helping less fortunate human beings if those birthday tributes happen to fall on the first Sunday after the full moon following the March equinox. 

What would Jesus do? Facepalm. 

Y

On Monday, April 1, 2013, NJP Thompson wrote:
Maybe it should be like this. On any holiday in the USA on which one might not be surprised to be asked to pay three times the price of the normal menu in a restaurant for a meal, that on THAT day Google should at least acknowledge our holiday by making a themed doodle that is not celebrating an obscure person place or thing. Congress isn't doing anything. Make it a law.The Defense of American Holidays Act.


On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Yasser Ansari <[address removed]> wrote:
Anita, I just can't buy that analysis. Why on earth did you and all the other people who were complaining today expect an easter doodle in the first place? There hasn't been one in almost 13 years. Out of curiosity, I searched through Google's entire collection of doodles and the only easter doodle that was ever done was on April 23rd of 2000. Yes, almost 13 years ago. 

You can search for yourself here and please correct me if I'm wrong:

To update your analogy, it would be like having a good friend who gave you a birthday gift, once, 13 years ago. Why would you ever expect another gift?

Regards, 
Yasser 



On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Anita M Bailey <[address removed]> wrote:
The point is Google disappointed quite a few people. One of Google's trademarks that we have been accustomed to is the Doodles. We find them fun, informative and revelant to the majority of us. Google may not celebrate all the holidays, etc. but we expected an Easter Doodle and we didn't get it. That's all. I equate Google's decision to not having a Easter Doodle to that of a friend who after 20 years forgets your birthday. You are like, what? Was not expecting that. How could my best friend of 20 years forget my birthday? Anyway, like most things we will get over this, but for others they may not. 


On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Calvin Chu <[address removed]> wrote:
Well said.  
 
______________
Calvin Chu
Senior Technology Licensing Officer, Columbia Technology Ventures
[address removed]
(212)[masked] (voice)
(212)[masked] (fax)
@cchu (twitter)
techventures.colu
--
Telezeen.com  Founder, Global Internet Television Network  [address removed]
CampoBelloDoro.com  Artisans of Food np   Ecommerce of Artisanal Production
Thompson Imports Inc. Importer and Marketer to USA  Wholesale and Retail

Cell [masked]  Skype: Nancyjpt1
PO Box 243 Warwick NY 10990 / 1510 Lexington Avenue 5A NYC NY 10029




--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by NJP Thompson ([address removed]) from NY Tech Meetup.
To learn more about NJP Thompson, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]


--
Project Noah





--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Yasser Ansari ([address removed]) from NY Tech Meetup.
To learn more about Yasser Ansari, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]



--
 
Anita M. Bailey
[address removed]
[masked] (home office)
[masked] (cell)

 
"Taking Care of Business. Perfecting Personal Change"
 
 
 




--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Anita M Bailey ([address removed]) from NY Tech Meetup.
To learn more about Anita M Bailey, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]




--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Adrian Stoch ([address removed]) from NY Tech Meetup.
To learn more about Adrian Stoch, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]



--
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." Plato

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy