NY Tech Meetup Message Board NY Tech Meetup Discussion Forum › post here to request to demo for our october meetup

post here to request to demo for our october meetup

dawn barber
dawnbarber
New York, NY
Post #: 9
post here to request to demo for our october meetup and be sure to include contact info and a url. you will be contacted if selected.
A former member
Post #: 1
My team at Behance is launching a revolutionary project management web-based application called "ActionMethod."

You can see the teaser page here: http://www.actionmeth...­

And here is an article with some advance screen captures:
http://www.behancemag...­

I'd love to demo ActionMethod for the meetup audience. The closed beta test period has been very successful so far, and I think the audience would appreciate the project.

Scott Belsky
CEO, Behance
( scott [at] behance (dot)com)
A former member
Would love to demo TurnTo at the October MeetUp.

TurnTo enables visitors to e-commerce sites to see when friends have experience with those sites and the products they sell. This enables shoppers to reach out to friends to get advice they can really trust. TurnTo brings together social networks and e-commerce in a new way that's better for users and better for businesses.

We'll demo the live system -- we're up and running with a few alpha partners now.

You can see a one-minute video showing TurnTo in action at www.turnto.com.

The company is 100% based in New York City.

George Eberstadt
CEO and Founder
george (at) turnto (dot) com
Michael Heimbinder
HabitatMap
Brooklyn, NY
I'd love to present HabitatMap's recently released community mapping and social networking platform. Have a look, http://habitatmap.org...­. I can be reached at mheimbinder(at)habitatmap(dot)org. Thanks!

More about HabitatMap:
HabitatMap is an environmental health justice organization that leverages community knowledge to achieve just and sustainable urban places. Our online collaborative mapping and social networking tools are designed to maximize the impact of community voices on city planning, strengthen ties between organizations and activists working to build greener, greater cities and establish a shared advocacy platform for:

*alerting the public to environmental health hazards;
*holding corporations accountable for their environmental impacts;
*highlighting urban infrastructures that promote healthy living;
*identifying future opportunities for sustainable urban development; and
*promoting policies that enhance equitable access to urban resources.
A former member
Post #: 2
Curious Travelers Productions, a New York based production and internet company, would like to suggest a demo of The Festival Travel Channel .

The URL of the site is http://www.festivaltr...­

The site is a social media platform for festival travelers and includes thousands of members posting blogs, uploading video and photos and discussing their festival travel experiences. To the best of my knowledge It is the only site of its kind on the net

Included in the site are eight hours of professional hosted HD video of different festivals, including Burning Man, NYC Halloween and Fashion Week, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Mardi Gras Post-Katrina, Kentucky Derby and the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain.

We recently received additional angel funding to create more video of various festivals and add more functionality to the site, particularly in regard for "facebook" type ways for our members to interact.
Nellwyn Thomas
user 7789825
New York, NY
myJambi would love to present at the October meetup.

myJambi is a social marketplace for services built on the belief that buying and selling services is a social experience. The main focus of myJambi is to connect people and establish a service-based community where buyers can find trustworthy providers and providers can market their services to buyers. myJambi is about getting things done easily and efficiently without resorting to anonymous service postings.

We're been in public beta since July, and we are really excited for feedback.

You can check us out here: www.myjambi.com

Many thanks,
Nellwyn Thomas
nellwyn [at] myjambi [dot] com
Stefan
sgromoll
New York, NY
Post #: 4

I'd like to demo DOTGO (dotgo.com), a new service that allows anyone with a website to set up any kind of cell phone text messaging service in minutes for free.

DOTGO works just like the world wide web: anyone with a domain name can completely customize the text messages returned when their domain name is texted to the phone number DOTCOM (368266) by simply creating a filed called "index.cmrl" on their web server--there are no monthly fees, no messaging fees, and no need to even create an account at dotgo.com.

In addition,

• If you have a domain name, you already have a text message service--just text your domain name to DOTCOM (368266), DOTEDU (368338), DOTGOV (368468), DOTNET (368638), or DOTORG (368674) to see your default content. Access Starbucks.com by texting "starbucks" to DOTCOM, Weather.com by texting "weather" to DOTCOM, and Meetup.com by texting "meetup" to DOTCOM.
  • DOTGO allows any domain name owner to create both interactive text messaging services (like GOOGLE SMS) or subscription ("alert") services for free
  • Content publishers can optionally choose to include short ads in their outgoing text messages to earn ad revenue every time someone texts their domain name to DOTCOM (368266), etc. If content publishers choose not to include ads, DOTGO remains free and ad-free to use.

We'd love to give a short demo to show what DOTGO can do.

Thanks,

Stefan Gromoll
Co-founder
A former member
Lifebooker.com would like the opportunity to demo our platform at Tech Meetup in October.

Lifebooker.com offers city dwellers the opportunity to search, find, and book services based on discount, location, establishment name, and time. This marketplace is beneficial to the spas and salons who advertise on Lifebooker. It serves as an alternative to traditional advertising, offering its partner businesses a pay-per-performance marketing tool.

Feel free to contact me at:
thomas[at]lifebooker[dot]com
800-401-9258 ext 113
Jim Cullen
user 7977657
Jersey City, NJ
I would love to demo the KeyScan KS810 at the October meeting.

Our KS 810 is a keyboard with a built-in sheet fed color scanner that scans letter size sheets in 15 seconds and gray scale in 5 only seconds.

Key benefits are:

Zero Footprint – scan in the privacy of a workstation without taking up any more space and without having to leave the workstation

Ease of Use - Our unique No Touch imaging software enables your customer to perform the most frequently done scanning without extra menus and push button selections.

Popular applications - Create searchable PDF, Word and HTML documents or JPEG, GIF and TIF images and attach to email, save to file or paste to current application.

Twain Compatible – works with third party software applications

You can visit our website at www.keyscan.com for more detailed info such as manuals and tutorials. Here is a link to a three minute demo on YouTube http://www.youtube.co...­. Contact me at jcullen@keyscan.com

miranda Tan
user 7982613
New York, NY
Hi Dawn! I would like to present MyPRGenie (www.myprgenie.com) at the October Meetup.

MyPRGenie is a PR Delivery Platform for the 21st century. Use MyPRGenie to:

* CONNECT to your corporate network
* MANAGE your publicity campaigns
* DELIVER your news to targeted audiences
* TRACK your results in real time
* ACCESS approximately 500,000 global media contacts

MyPRGenie was founded in 2007 and is based in the heart of Times Square, NYC. MyPRGenie is a PR delivery platform that automates the PR process.

MyPRGenie was developed by people with deep backgrounds in PR, marketing, business, and software technology, who understand how much more robust the practice of public relations can be. By connecting storytellers directly with storywriters, and enabling businesses to easily interact with all key stakeholder audiences, MyPRGenie is creating a democratic, efficient, 360 degree communications platform for the 21st century marketplace.

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks! Miranda