addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New York Backpackers Message Board › Hopefully LAST ORGANIZATIONAL EMAIL--Harriman backpacking

Hopefully LAST ORGANIZATIONAL EMAIL--Harriman backpacking

Irene
1) Please fill up the water before showing up at the train station / trail head: if you''re bringing a camelback, it may be a good idea to also bring a bottle you can filter/treat then refill your camelback.
2) Don't forget your first aid kit and antihistamines (between black flies and mosquitoes I'm one big bite from past 2 days in the park)
3) I don't care how little chance of rain the weather forecast says it is: RAIN GEAR!!!!!
4) Please bring rope to hang food up from bears (or Anton) -- or a bear canister if you want to REALLY train.
5) it's HOT HOT HOT. There are some lakes along the way. If you're making good time, you might want to take a dip. Please don't be the creepy naked guy/girl.
6) MAPS: trust me, you want it: Harriman is fine but you need both south and north. We're only in Hudson highlands for a short while.
7) Duct tape: just trust me. Ditto for extra pair of socks.
8) if you have waterproof boots consider gaiters: my shoes got SOAKED from the wet grass pouring the water in from the top. squish squish squishing with a heavy pack is not as pleasant as it sounds.
9) TWO sources of light (headlamps, flashlights whatever) with spare batteries in a WATERPROOF bag. Please test both sources before packing them away.
10) Please make sure you have day food that has both SALT and CARBS.
11) If you're planning on sharing a tent with someone, please discuss that with them first so everyone is on the same page!!!

TRAIN PEOPLE: we're meeting in front of the Grand Central clock at 7:30am. Don't wait for me to buy your off peak manitou ticket.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS or just want to bitch, please email IRRKA1@GMAIL.COM. You can try TEXTING 216-269-5862 but i will not be responding very fast for the next two days.

See y'all soon!!

Irene