New York Backpackers Message Board › BUY or SELL used gear!!

BUY or SELL used gear!!

A former member
Post #: 4
If you want to buy or sell some used gear post it here...

Please be very descriptive of what it is your are selling and what kind of condition it is in. If you have sold it please change your posting to include in bold letters SOLD!

I would like to test this out. If you have any suggestions for the format of this posting please feel free to contact me directly. I will do my best to update the format for future use.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey, this forum doesn't seem very active but I thought I'd try anyway. I'm climbing Kilimanjaro and doing other trekking in Africa in August, and I realized that I haven't bought a sleeping pad. As you can imagine, this is an expensive trip, and the thermarest pads (which were highly recommended to me) are kind of pricey (around 100 bucks). I'm trying to cut back on my expenses wherever possible at this point, so...

Do any of you have one that you want to sell? Or have a recommendation for a sleeping pad? I'm thinking the self-inflating kind is best, and the lighter the better. On the other hand, if you think I should spring for the thermarest, feel free to tell me that. If it's really going to make a big difference it could be worth the $.

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 71
Closed cell pads are cheaper, lighter and more versatile. Thermarest makes one, they call it Ridgerest.
Brian
user 3301474
Butler, NJ
Post #: 28
It's hard to beat a Thermarest for comfort. I highly recommend one, especially if you have a tendency for back pain. I don't know where you are doing your shopping, but Campmor has them for $69. Unless you will be doing winter camping, you only need the 3/4 length, which is a little cheaper than the full length, as well as lighter.

If $69 is still too much, check out www.sierratradingpost.com. They are selling a few Thermarest type pads made by Alps Engineering for under $50, or go with the Ridge Rest that the previous poster mentioned.
Adrian
user 5901920
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
Just ebay for it. Here is the link for Military Sleeping Pad. You can get a closed-cell and inflatable for less than $20. I recommend you to have both. Depending on the route you are on, other than forest zone for the first night, your other camp sites will almost always on rock ground. Just a closed-form pad isn't the most comfortable thing in the world.
Natalie L.
user 5285320
Portland, OR
FOR SALE:

Never used, Big Agnes Sleeping Bag for sale. "Lost Ranger" 15 degrees, regular length, 650 fill goose down. Size is 20" x 72". Worth $199.

http://www.bigagnes.c...­

I received this as part of my Summit For Someone gear package, but already have a sleeping bag for this temperature.

SPECS:

- Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again

- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders.

- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included.

- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow.

- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners.

- 70" YKK #8 zipper. Mate together our left and right zip bags with same size zipper.

- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in.

- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad.

- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper.

- Interior lining: Soft and breathable, down proof nylon microfiber with stain resistant finish.

- Shell fabric: Down proof, nylon microfiber rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water.

- Pad sleeve fabric: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water.

A former member
Post #: 5
For Sale: Mountain Hardwear Stance Pant - Men's Large

Bought these on sale in the summer and underestimated how thick my winter layers were, so they have never been used.

Spec:
waterproof/breathable Conduit material
Full side zips
Built in gators
Removable suspenders

MSRP is $160, but I got them on sale so I'm only asking $50

-Andre
Nico B.
nicopost01
Beeston, GB
Hiking Backpack 62 Liter for Backpackers and Globetrotters - $59

Location: Park Slope 4th Ave & 9th F/R trains - 15 min from East Village or Downtown Manhattan

Hi,

I'm moving to Europe and cannot take my beloved hiking backpack that I used for my backpacking trips around the globe.

It has 3 compartments - Main, bottom and top, padded shoulder and waistbelt - and has additional straps on the outside to affix sleeping back or a small tent. It has capacity for up to 62 liters or 3800 cu which is probably the largest to get. The pack itself is light so if you do not use the whole space you have at least some left to carry stuff you pick up on your travels :)

The pack has served me well - see below CL ad for pictures as well as below specs. Need to sell by Friday

Backpack Pictures Link

I am on 4th Ave and 7th Street in Park Slope, Brooklyn, 2 minutes walk from F and R trains and 15 min from Downtown Manhattan

Nico 
646 593 7345  

P.S. I also have tons of other furniture, $75 Samsung Home Cinema System, $45 All-In-One Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax to sell

Specs
--------
Product Information:
Manufacturer: Gregory Mountain Products
Model: Triconi
Size:
Pack Bag/Frame: Medium (Received), other sizes available
Shoulder Harness: Medium
Waistbelt: Could not find a size tag
Capacity: 3800 cu in/ 62 L
Color: Sequoia Red
Year of Manufacture: 2006
URL: www.gregorypacks.com
Listed weight: 5 lbs 13 oz/2.6 kg
Measured weight: Surprisingly 5 lbs 13 oz/2.6 kg
**Disclaimer: The closest my scale will measure is in whole ounces.**
MSRP: $249 US
Country of Manufacture: Unknown
Main Pack Bag Fabric: 630 D / 210 D high tenacity nylon
Load Range: According to Gregory comfortable up to 45 pounds (21 kg) 

http://newyork.craigs...­