New York Backpackers Message Board › Directions To The Education Through Adventure Leadership Camp (eTALC)

Directions To The Education Through Adventure Leadership Camp (eTALC)

Joe V.
Hikes-a-lot
New York, NY
The ETA camp is located in the heart of Harriman State Park, New York.

Click Here for map
From NYC

Take exit 24 on the left for I-95 S toward Geo Washington Bridge 0.7mi, 1 min

Follow signs for George Washington Bridge Upper Level/I-95 S/US-1 S and merge onto I-95 S/US-1 S

Entering New Jersey 1.6mi, 2 mins

Take exit 74 for Palisades Pkwy 0.5mi Merge onto Palisades Interstate Pkwy N Entering New York 33.9mi, 40 mins

Take exit 18 on the left for US-6 W toward I-87/New York State Thruway/RT-17, 0.4mi, 2 mins

At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Long Mountain Pkwy/US-6 W heading to I-87/RT-17/Central Valley 2.8mi, 5 mins, Turn left at Baileytown Rd 0.7mi. Make a right into the camp at the Leadership Camp Sign.

From Middletown, NY

Head southeast on CR-67/W Main St toward Mulberry St 3.3mi, 7 mins

Turn right to merge onto RT-17 E, 16.1mi,15 mins

Take exit 130A to merge onto US-6 toward Bear Mountain 4.3mi, 6 mins

At the 293 US 6 (Y) stay right and enter the park after the Park Welcome sign drive for a ½ mile, when you reach the two lakes one on each side turn right onto Baileytown Rd and fallow the lake in.

Turn right at Baileytown Rd. Make a right into the camp at the Leadership Camp Sign.

From Newburgh, NY

Take the exit toward I-87/New York Thruway/Albany/New York City

Partial toll road 0.3mi

Keep left at the fork, follow signs for New York/I-87 S and merge onto I-87 S/New York State Thruway S

Partial toll road 15.1mi,14 mins

Take exit 16 toward RT-17/Harriman/US-6 Partial toll road 0.5mi 1 min

Merge onto RT-17 W 177ft

Take the Woodbury Outlets Blvd/RT-32 ramp to RT-17 S/Harriman/Central Valley/US-6 E/Bear Mountain/W Point 0.2mi

Turn left at RT-32 0.1mi 2 min.

Continue on RT-17, 0.3mi. 1 min.

Turn left onto the US-6 E ramp to Bear Mountain Bridge 0.3mi, 2 mins.

Merge onto US-6 3.4mi. 5 mins. At the 293 US 6 (Y) stay right and enter the park after the Park Welcome sign drive for a ½ mile, when you reach the two lakes one on each side turn right onto Baileytown Rd and fallow the lake in. Make a right into the camp at the Leadership Camp Sign.
Chris O.
crmo
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 24
Hey Folks

I'm looking for a ride - I can help w/ gas/food :)

Coming from cobble Hill, Bklyn - but I can prety much meet wherever...

Lemme know!

Chris