What is beer but liquid bread? And bread = food. So therefore, beer = food, and this ride fits within the scope of the group. For what it's worth, the beer garden also serves some pretty tasty food - kielbasa, pierogies, etc. Shamelessly copying this idea from one of my assistant org's last rides, because it worked out well and was a lot of fun.
http://www.bohemianha... Once again, route is tbd, but we'll start at the Williamsburg bridge again (Brooklyn side bike-path entrance on the north side, S 5th Pl). Meet at noon, depart no later than 12:10. Thinking scope will be about the same as last ride: around 20 miles. Guidelines:
- You're comfortable riding in nyc traffic and can maintain an average speed of 15mph. We can't get there too late as lines start to form to get inside - it's a popular place!
- It may be very hot - like last time :). Bring water.
- Very important: bring a lock if you want to drink! They don't let you bring bikes into the beer garden.
- You have to plan your own way of getting home from Astoria. If you drink, you may want to make plans to take the subway home - I don't recommend drinking and biking.
- $5 deposit (+Amazon's fee, $0.32) required, pay online. When you show up, I will give you $5 in cash. If you don't show up, you lose your deposit.