addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Cycling & Food Message Board › Today's event (and info on mybikelane.com)

Today's event (and info on mybikelane.com)

Keith C.
Keith
Berlin, DE
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who came out to the event today -- I had a blast and the food was great. For those who missed it, we had an impromptu trip afterwords to Steve?s Authentic Key Lime Pies, and it was delicious.

I'm still debating where to have the next event. If any of you have any suggestions, drop me an email and let me know.

Also a few of you were asking about Greg's project, mybikelane.com, so I figured I'd forward the info on to the whole group. Here's how it works (from the "about" page):

"MyBikelane was conceived after repeated frustration at having to dodge cars illegally parked in the bike lanes. Several near crash experiences as a result of people too lazy to find valid parking motivated me to build this site.
MyBikelane is built on the notion that:
* Their are a lot of cyclists who are sick of having to dodge cars and trucks using the bikelane illegally.
* Those cyclists have cameras.
* Drivers are not fond of having pictures of themselves breaking the law up on the Internet for all to see.

"How MyBikelane works:
* You the cyclist see a car parked illegally.
* You snap a picture, taking care to capture the license plate of the vehicle and proof that the vehicle is parked illegally.
* You upload the photo, tell us when and where the incident occurred and the license plate info.
* We show the photo and info to the whole web ... forever."

So go to http://www.mybikelane...­, check it out, and post some photos!

Keith