The New York City Fencing Meetup Group Message Board › Thursday night with Vlad

Thursday night with Vlad

Mike
barrem01
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
I managed to get to Vlad's class yesterday. He said that he knew a couple of epeeists and that he had a couple of body cords and weapons. If our two epeeist want to come to his class for free fencing, he'll try and round up some opponants. The floor fee is $10.

Vlad's wife also runs a group lesson for children on Sundays at 2. If you take a class with him on thursday, he waves the floor fee on Sunday as well.

Sunday's tend to be dominated by children and teens, but if we got 4 people or so to agree to go it could be fun.

It seems to me that it will be difficult to rent space cheaper than $10 a piece for 3 hours. Especially when you throw in the value of being able to use Vlad's electric scoring equipment.

So our fencing options so far are
1) Saturday group lessons with Richard (If you haven't signed up yet, and you want to go, call him right away. 212 769 1858 )

2) Sundays at 2:00 with Vlad.

3) Thursdays at 6:30 with Vlad.

With Richard, roughy $10 a session buys you group instruction.

With Vlad, instruction is $20 additional, but even if you just pay $10 for the floor fee, you get to use electrical scoring equipment. And you can fence for more than just an hour.

Write me back and let me know which of these options suit you best. If none of them work for you, let me know why.

Thanks,

- Mike
Peter K.
pkarp0
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 5
I'm interested in the open thursday night epee fencing. How many fencers show up for that and how late does it go? I usually fence at the Brooklyn Fencing Club but it would be fun to meet other epee fencers.

Thanks
Peter
Mike
barrem01
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Post #: 11
I'm interested in the open thursday night epee fencing. How many fencers show up for that and how late does it go? I usually fence at the Brooklyn Fencing Club but it would be fun to meet other epee fencers.

Thanks
Peter

Hi, Peter

Nora, Vlad's wife, is almost always there on Thursdays, and available to fence by 7:30. There are other epee-ists in the meet-up, but they haven't been coming regularly, so I couldn't guarantee you more than one opponant, unless you make arrangements with a few members in advance. I'll start a discussion thread about finding opponants.

- Mike