New York City F# User Group Message Board › News, Plans and Future Meetings

News, Plans and Future Meetings

Richard M.
user 7626912
Group Organizer
Hoboken, NJ

Hi All,

After our initial explosion onto the NYC .NET scene, I've decided to step back a bit an think hard about where we're going, what we want to achieve, and how we might make it all happen. I want to make sure that over the next year we not only introduce a great many people to F#, but that we also grow our community of F# experts. Beyond that, I want to make sure we all have a great time :).

1) New Meeting Day

After hearing from many of you that the first monday of the month was a difficult day I talked to Rachel Appel and moved us to the third Thursday Tuesday starting in May. The details for the meeting aren't all worked out yet, but the our first meeting on the new day will be May 17th.

2) Our Next Meeting

I'll be putting out an announcement tonight or tomorrow, but I'm planning a small meeting for April 4th. It will be a loosly organized hands on event. They'll be some beginner problems for those new to F# to work on, but for those of you who are more advanced I'd encourage you to bring in your own F# projects to discuss.

3) Tell us what you want

I'd like to hear about what you guys want out of our F# user group. To facilitate this, I've put up a poll on our meetup site. Let me know what you think!

http://www.meetup.com/nyc-fsharp/polls/262399/­

I'm also completely open to new ideas. If you have a burning desire to hear about any F# related topic, please don't hesitate to reply :).

4) This is your group

Always feel free to email me with any comments, ideas or questions.

Cheers!

-Rick
Richard M.
user 7626912
Group Organizer
Hoboken, NJ
Post #: 4
Our meetings will be the third Tuesday of the month starting in May, not Thursday.

Sorry for the confusion!
-Rick