New York City F# User Group Message Board › Does anyone use ASP.NET MVC anymore?
|A former member||
I'm a tech recruiter with a few clients that are looking for tech talent so if you don't mind me asking, are you looking for a job and if so, why are you looking now?
What do you want to do at your next job and how will that differ from your current job/situation?
If you aren’t looking now but know of some guys that are in IT that are actively or passively searching for a new job would you forward their info to me please. If I place any of your referrals I’ll pay you a $1,000.00 finder’s fee for said referral. You can refer a person anonymously if you wish. I just tell them that I found their profile on LinkedIn or some other platform. You’ll get paid for your help no matter how you refer the person as long as we are able to help them.
Thanks in advance for your help.
FYI about recruiters in general: Absolutely none of the monies we receive come from an individual’s salary (base bonus or any other compensation) EVER. In fact, it’s our goal to help new hires get as much as they can for the job that they get placed in. We’re not the bad guys, we’re on your side. We also have valuable insights about each employer that we represent because we’ve been working with them for a long enough time to understand how and where candidates fall short and what they ultimately want to see in an interviewee. Once again, we are here to help.
Here’s one job that I could use your help with immediately…
Contact: David Leak | email@example.com
646-434-0716 (office) | 917-576-8253 (mobile)
Number of openings: Two (2) | Full Time Perm Employee / Direct Hire
Title: Senior .NET MVC Engineer | Location: New York, NY
Base salary is negotiable, bonus eligible
This is for the largest Residential Real Estate Company in New York.
The Web Developer/Designer will apply programming techniques and computer systems to write web applications and windows programs to perform various tasks in accordance with the agreed specifications. Job duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design, develop, implement and maintain Microsoft ASP.NET web applications
• Design and maintain custom Microsoft .NET executables for Microsoft Windows
• Design and construct web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques for Corporate, Intranet and Listings System websites
• Devise possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options
• Work as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program
• Combine all elements of the program design and testing it with sample data sets
• React to problems and correcting the program as necessary
• Increase program operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements, as necessary
• Follow up cutting edge technologies as well as enhance and maintain existing skills and knowledge
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related field from an accredited university or technical institute preferred; may consider candidates without a degree given applicable work experience
• Technical Skills:
o .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5 with ASP.NET C#, XML, HTML, AJAX, TSQL and SQL 2005 (preferably SQL 2008).
o Working experience with Asp.net MVC
o Flash (ActionScript 2+), Silverlight, HTML5
o SVN/Source Control experience
o Experience working with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
o Experience building or working with Data Service Layers
o Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Must have experience in full life cycle web and application development
• Strong database design and programming with SQL Server.
• Ability to maintain super-clean coding practices and excellent documentation
• Extensive experience with cross-platform/browser development
• Extensive experience developing modular front-end code
• Good analytical skills and design skills
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to complete projects independently or as part of a team