align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NYC Guitar School Open-Mic For Beginning Performers Meet-up Message Board › Beginner's Open Mic Night Theme "Weather Channel: Songs About the Weather"

Beginner's Open Mic Night Theme "Weather Channel: Songs About the Weather"

New York City Guit...
user 11249189
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hey Rockstars!

Thank you to everyone who came out this past Tuesday for the Open Mic in Manhattan-- you all rocked so hard and I can't wait to see you at the next one :)

Some exciting news I can't wait to share: we are starting theme nights again!!! That's right, starting on Tuesday, October 11th each Open Mic will have a fun theme that you can participate in if you wish. The themes are merely suggestions if you are wondering what to play or want to practice a new song. We welcome any style of music and any level of playing experience so always feel free to play anything your heart desires. Originals are also fantastic if you've got 'em!

The theme for October 11th will be (drumroll........) "Weather Channel: Songs about the Weather"

Wondering what fits in this theme? Any song that mentions a weather condition! "Raindrops Falling On My Head", "Rock You Like A Hurricane" "Walkin' on Sunshine".....get creative! It doesn't even need to be in the title to count. Check out this website for over 100 ideas: http://www.songfacts.com/category-songs_with_weather_conditions_in_the_title.php­ Good luck and happy practicing, I can't wait to hear everyone's songs!

See you all on October 11th at 7:30pm (sign up starts at 7:00pm) at the Brooklyn Guitar School (81 4th Ave)!

Yours in Rock,
Amy