Director of Ruby Development (NYC)
Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:54 PM
This is a fulltime, onsite, salaried position with a rapidly expanding company in a new location downtown.
Director of Development
We are looking for a technical Director who can drive projects and provide leadership for our RoR engineers.
This position will lead an advanced Ruby team utilizing agile/scrum development processes. This is a fast, open environment where innovation and participation are highly encouraged.
This position requires strong leadership and technical skills, as well as the ability to understand business goals and work in tandem with senior level business executives.
- Manage and grow engineering staff (currently 10)
- Lead a top team of technical talent to solve our toughest problems (high availability / scalability, etc.)
- Work with Product Director to review the functional requirements for projects and determine feasibility
- Participate in the creation of project plans, resource allocation and estimated timelines
- 10 years professional experience (technology companies / startup experience) and software engineering background
- 5+ years managing a development team
- E-commerce required. Must have previous experience at a customer facing, high traffic website.
- In depth technical abilities (fluency in wide range of technologies: Ruby on Rails - preferred, Java, Python, etc.)
- Must know how to architect scalable, robust, high performing web sites and have in-depth knowledge of web development methodologies, tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts including SQL, indexes, transactions and experience with a major DB system such as Oracle, SQL Server or Sybase ��� experience with MySql is a plus
- Agile/Scrum/XP methodologies
- BS in Computer Science and Master���s preferred
- Passion for technology
- Excellent communication abilities
- Team player